anti-virus

Morb

I had been using Nod32 and AVG for a long time. These two anti-vir. soft. are good but have some "bugs". Nowadays I am using Avast! Professional edition and I think that it is pretty good. No problems with 3rd party (vendor's) firewalls, good updates, and performance. Detection of viruses is excellent too. Only one negative thing: it takes more resources(memory - if you use it like resident shield protection) than other soft. of this kind (AFAIK)

Sebouh

Man that's it, i have had enough of this avast!, it doesn't detect anything, i have dont more than 10 scans since i installed it and nothing is ever found as virus or its alternatives. Avast! suck it has only detected stupid stuff like installing a IST bar...
Norton used to detect many problems, and fixed some, mcafee, well that one i dont like, dunno why but i get mad when i see mcafee. Now i have no clue what AV to install. I have tried AVG, Norton, Mcafee, Panda, pc-cillin, Avast. Any other thing i can give it a shot??
thanks.

dave597

VIP Member
Sebouh said:
Man that's it, i have had enough of this avast!
I sortof have to agree with you when sometimes it is annoying. Maybe im not used to the interface but when i got a virus it looked like one of those joke viruses you get as popups of the net. i usually get this grey box saying virus found and cleaned/quarantined - but wiht avast it is a yellow box?