Anyone else running Windows eight? and if so how do you like it?

lucasbytegenius

Like people actually post what kind of computer case they have on forums....................!

WOW...!

11874032.jpg

Why do they come this stupid though? It is like he is going completely off personal opinion without doing any reading first on the subject. He thinks that the kernel and other source codes are written by people who do not get paid :rolleyes:, if this was the case then he should be embarrassed cause a totally free OS in a majority of ways is better then Windows other then gaming that I can think of. Poor little troll, so stupid.

I know, right? lol.

Double-Aces

banned
I also own two cars, an suv, five computers, and a house. I work as a computer technician and my wife works at a mechanical company.
What does that have to do with anything in this post?

I noticed in a different post that you were bragging about a CRT that you have. Why? That tells us something of your knowledge of computers.

In regards to open source here's the definition as you need to read it if you think it means slave labor. If open source is garbage Linux wouldn't still exist and there wouldn't be things like sourceforge, firefox, chrome, vlc player, etc.

And a side note since your an M$ fanboy, did you know that DOS was originally QDOS which stood for Quick and Dirty Operating System. That's what your beloved windows is based on.

EDIT: What's this about Canadian chips? AMD is based in the US. Yes they have a campus in Canada but what does that have to do with quality?

I do not have a CRT, I have two. The fact is that at one time, every desktop shipped with one. The people who remember and used DOS, win3.1, 95 and 98 remember this time, and as I said, I also have two 32 inch and one 37 inch flatscreen monitors, in a five screen setup.

Next

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
The definition of slave labour is "treating people as property and forcing them to work." Volunteering has nothing to do with slavery, so no, not even close. You're simply wrong in that regard.

Look, you are not seeing my point of view. I believe that it is part of the American way and dream, that all peoples, reguardless of their situation in life, should be paid a fair wage for their work. The fact about Linux in general, is that it is changing and becoming more stable and trustworthey as a legitimate alternative. It is also a fact that certain people and companies are making rheams of money off of Linux in a variety of ways.
I can see that. But what you're not seeing that some people just plain want to contribute. That's all. They don't expect to get paid for all the work. People who do this know that their work can be used for commercial purposes. They don't care. They know the licences of the software they work on allow this. Not everyone is willing to pay for their work. Linux originally started out as a hobby or experiment of sorts. Nobody willingly pays someone to do that. So should he (Linus) just not done it? If I volunteer my effort, I do it because I believe that I'm contributing to a good cause or I simply enjoy the work I do - in either case, I don't expect to get paid, even if I did deserve to be paid. If you look at all the volunteer effort around the world, you'd realise that there simply isn't enough people to willingly pay for all these people's hard work. By your logic, we'd have to stop nearly all this volunteer work -even if people do it for pure pleasure of doing it- because there simply isn't enough money to be willingly spent on paying for their work.

Thus I say both that the programmers of these distros, who get nothing are being ripped off and being used as a form of modern slave labor and that since they are in reality gullible volunteers that they are also morons..........................
You still haven't addressed my question as to how morons achieve these kinds of things. But you're still wrong. Like I said above, people volunteering their effort on open source projects know that their work can be used for commercial purposes. Most of them just don't care. Many of them have jobs and means to support themselves - they don't care about the extra money they could make, they care about contributing their effort to something they want to succeed, be recognised or whatever.

Again I reiterate, all people deserve to get paid for the work that they do, and please don't say that anyone likes to do the programming, that makes another person into a billionaire. Bill Gates pays each and every one of his employees very well, I wish that I were one of them. Linux programmers throw their talents down the toilet, but at least you say that they enjoy it.............
Alright. I already explained that it's not the "seeing other people get rich" part that they enjoy, they enjoy contributing to something, accomplishing things, bettering themselves at what they do. As for "throwing their talents down the toilet" - really now? Linux and open source software runs everywhere. The one laptop per child program uses open source software. Half the servers on the internet run almost entirely on open source software. A lot of highest-ranked supercomputers run Linux. Entire governments run Linux. Being part of this kind of development is a pretty major accomplishment, not to mention people who have worked on these projects have gained immense amounts of experience and achieved things that will help them on their current and future jobs in IT - the ones many of them get paid for. And you say that they're throwing their talents down the toilet solely because they didn't happen to get paid for all their work? That kind of thinking is so absurdly narrow-minded, I'm having hard time comprehending it.

Double-Aces

banned
The definition of slave labour is "treating people as property and forcing them to work." Volunteering has nothing to do with slavery, so no, not even close. You're simply wrong in that regard.

I can see that. But what you're not seeing that some people just plain want to contribute. That's all. They don't expect to get paid for all the work. People who do this know that their work can be used for commercial purposes. They don't care. They know the licences of the software they work on allow this. Not everyone is willing to pay for their work. Linux originally started out as a hobby or experiment of sorts. Nobody willingly pays someone to do that. So should he (Linus) just not done it? If I volunteer my effort, I do it because I believe that I'm contributing to a good cause or I simply enjoy the work I do - in either case, I don't expect to get paid, even if I did deserve to be paid. If you look at all the volunteer effort around the world, you'd realise that there simply isn't enough people to willingly pay for all these people's hard work. By your logic, we'd have to stop nearly all this volunteer work -even if people do it for pure pleasure of doing it- because there simply isn't enough money to be willingly spent on paying for their work.

You still haven't addressed my question as to how morons achieve these kinds of things. But you're still wrong. Like I said above, people volunteering their effort on open source projects know that their work can be used for commercial purposes. Most of them just don't care. Many of them have jobs and means to support themselves - they don't care about the extra money they could make, they care about contributing their effort to something they want to succeed, be recognised or whatever.

Alright. I already explained that it's not the "seeing other people get rich" part that they enjoy, they enjoy contributing to something, accomplishing things, bettering themselves at what they do. As for "throwing their talents down the toilet" - really now? Linux and open source software runs everywhere. The one laptop per child program uses open source software. Half the servers on the internet run almost entirely on open source software. A lot of highest-ranked supercomputers run Linux. Entire governments run Linux. Being part of this kind of development is a pretty major accomplishment, not to mention people who have worked on these projects have gained immense amounts of experience and achieved things that will help them on their current and future jobs in IT - the ones many of them get paid for. And you say that they're throwing their talents down the toilet solely because they didn't happen to get paid for all their work? That kind of thinking is so absurdly narrow-minded, I'm having hard time comprehending it.

So would you donate your talents to Microsoft or Apple for free? Give it up already, you can't win this, because not paying people for talents that earn companies billions of dollars is wrong and you know it. Perhaps some of you are upset, because you are just learning how much some of these Linux companies are really worth, while you make your 6 years of payments on your Toyota Celica.

DMGrier

VIP Member
I do not have a CRT, I have two. The fact is that at one time, every desktop shipped with one. The people who remember and used DOS, win3.1, 95 and 98 remember this time, and as I said, I also have two 32 inch and one 37 inch flatscreen monitors, in a five screen setup.

Next

I don't care about your expensive set up, It is what your machine can do and with Windows it is a whole lot less multi-tasking and a more costly slower system.

I know no fear as a Linux user, I never pay attention how much system resources I am using cause I know my OS can manage this. Your are just a idiot who knows nothing.

I do remember those OS you listed and you know what, M$ does not release a polished OS like those all the time anymore. Trust me, I use to be the guy on here three years ago who screamed Windows was the best thing to happen until I opened my eyes and expanded out and when I put my Dell laptop Ubuntu 8.04 against my fire breathing HP desktop, laptop won and the reason why is Vista. How to you continue to buy from a company that is known that every other OS is a blue screen of death or virus pit. Dude go buy a Mac then come ague with me. Yet again you are a idiot.

Double-Aces

banned
I don't care about your expensive set up, It is what your machine can do and with Windows it is a whole lot less multi-tasking and a more costly slower system.

I know no fear as a Linux user, I never pay attention how much system resources I am using cause I know my OS can manage this. Your are just a idiot who knows nothing.

I do remember those OS you listed and you know what, M$ does not release a polished OS like those all the time anymore. Trust me, I use to be the guy on here three years ago who screamed Windows was the best thing to happen until I opened my eyes and expended out and when I put my Dell laptop Ubuntu 8.04 against my fire breathing HP desktop, laptop won and the reason why is Vista. How to you continue to buy from a company that is known that every other OS is a blue screen of death or virus pit. Dude go buy a Mac then come ague with me. Yet again you are a idiot.

Your system does not use any resources, or do anything more intense than send e-mails. To you this is a great achievement, because you feel that you have beaten the system in some way. Your OS is worth what you paid for it, nothing. My P4 is being run by Linux, and it runs very well. The thing is that it can not run any decent software that is relevant in the current computing World and thus is worthless.

lucasbytegenius

Your system does not use any resources, or do anything more intense than send e-mails. To you this is a great achievement, because you feel that you have beaten the system in some way. Your OS is worth what you paid for it, nothing. My P4 is being run by Linux, and it runs very well. The thing is that it can not run any decent software that is relevant in the current computing World and thus is worthless.

So you run Linux, despite stating it was made by slaves and that people shouldn't take advantage of free work.
Also, did you know that most of the web servers that serve you your favorite websites on the Internet today run Linux?

Double-Aces

banned

I do remember those OS you listed and you know what, M$ does not release a polished OS like those all the time anymore. Trust me, I use to be the guy on here three years ago who screamed Windows was the best thing to happen until I opened my eyes and expanded out and when I put my Dell laptop Ubuntu 8.04 against my fire breathing HP desktop, laptop won and the reason why is Vista. How to you continue to buy from a company that is known that every other OS is a blue screen of death or virus pit. Dude go buy a Mac then come ague with me. Yet again you are a idiot.

Dude I hav Linux on a machine two feet away from me now. So you CAN NOT sell me on the virtues of this complicated, useless OS that will not run either my kids games, or the photo editing software that I use, or the Microsoft Word editor that my Wifes company uses to edit books. You however can send e-mails to the internet and feel proud. I guess this is something.

Double-Aces

banned
So you run Linux, despite stating it was made by slaves and that people shouldn't take advantage of free work.
Also, did you know that most of the web servers that serve you your favorite websites on the Internet today run Linux?

One must understand evil in order to defeat it. All that is necessary for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing.

Do I need go on?

You hate the fact that I know exactly what you have there, and what you can and can not do. It's ok, I understand.

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
So would you donate your talents to Microsoft or Apple for free?
Not Microsoft or Apple specifically, no, that's an absurd question. Projects that I enjoy working on, yes. Projects that I can see being beneficial to myself or the humanity, yes. And it doesn't matter if someone uses my work for their financial gain. If I didn't want this to happen, I wouldn't work on projects licensed under terms that permit this, nor would I release my own work under such terms. It's that simple.

Give it up already, you can't win this, because not paying people for talents that earn companies billions of dollars is wrong and you know it.
This is about "winning" now? Given the number of questions you've dodged and the flaws in your logic you've left unaddressed, if this discussion really is about "winners" and "losers" you'd be tending towards the latter camp. How is it wrong if these people volunteer their effort? Nobody has a gun to their heads. They're volunteers. They do it willingly. They're not brainwashed morons. They do it because they enjoy it. They do it because they better themselves. They do it because they believe in freedom. Freedom to use software how people want to use. Freedom to use software without big brother listing out conditions under which it can be used. Freedom to modify software as people see fit. Freedom to create things without having to pay someone for licences or whatever. They know what they're doing. They're not stupid. They're well informed of who can use their work and what for - including personal gain. They still do it willingly. How is it wrong?

Perhaps some of you are upset, because you are just learning how much some of these Linux companies are really worth, while you make your 6 years of payments on your Toyota Celica.
Don't have a Celica or any debt for that matter, no. I'm well aware of the amount of business and money that's to be made in open source software, yes. I'm not upset, no.

Darthaus

Whoa whoa whoa, YOU have Linux??? Why support the evil empire? M$ all the way!
/sarcasm

Going back to the CRT's. My point was that bragging about 1 CRT meant you were uneducated and/or stupid. Bringing up that you have 2 and how they are being used in an "awesome 5 screen setup", means you sir are an idiot.

My question is still unanswered, why do you need this i7 that you have? Considering you bashed Grier for his usage you must be some pretty amazing things with your l33t CPU.

Double-Aces said:
Like people actually post what kind of computer case they have on forums....................!
This is a computer forum...................

DMGrier

VIP Member

What Linux OS do you run and I am guessing you still have not figured out how to work it, and for a person who is so against the slaved programmers for you to be running Linux is kinda of funny. So I guess my media player that does everything that M$ Media player can do is nothing? The Chat clients I have that does more then M$ Messenger is worthless. I guess my photo manager that does the same thing is worthless. My Terminal is worthless compared to powershell. How about my Libre Office that does just about everything M$ office does for free and is compatible with M$ office is worthless. I could keep going on some other software that is much higher end but it is pointless, you have obviously never used any Linux OS, you tried but you receive the epic fail award.

Double-Aces

banned
Not Microsoft or Apple specifically, no, that's an absurd question. Projects that I enjoy working on, yes. Projects that I can see being beneficial to myself or the humanity, yes. And it doesn't matter if someone uses my work for their financial gain. If I didn't want this to happen, I wouldn't work on projects licensed under terms that permit this, nor would I release my own work under such terms. It's that simple.

This is about "winning" now? Given the number of questions you've dodged and the flaws in your logic you've left unaddressed, if this discussion really is about "winners" and "losers" you'd be tending towards the latter camp. How is it wrong if these people volunteer their effort? Nobody has a gun to their heads. They're volunteers. They do it willingly. They're not brainwashed morons. They do it because they enjoy it. They do it because they better themselves. They do it because they believe in freedom. Freedom to use software how people want to use. Freedom to use software without big brother listing out conditions under which it can be used. Freedom to modify software as people see fit. Freedom to create things without having to pay someone for licences or whatever. They know what they're doing. They're not stupid. They're well informed of who can use their work and what for - including personal gain. They still do it willingly. How is it wrong?

Don't have a Celica or any debt for that matter, no. I'm well aware of the amount of business and money that's to be made in open source software, yes. I'm not upset, no.

Do you think that people should be paid for their work, especially if that work results in others reaping billions...? A simple yes or no will do.

Once in the trap of truth, no evil-doer ever escapes.

The ghost of Christmas past, present and future are perpetual, of this you can be sure.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Give it up already, you can't win this

Obviously you can't win an argument with an arrogant ass like yourself because YOU are too blind by your own opinions and whatever stature you have in life. You come into OUR forum and tell US that we're wrong because you don't know the difference between your delusion and actual fact. You sir are the one that cannot win against the ones that actually know fact and the difference between said fact and your opinion.

You act like an old guy that still thinks there is slavery in the south.

Darthaus

Do you think that people should be paid for their work, especially if that work results in others reaping billions...? A simple yes or no will do.

The ghost of Christmas past, present and future are perpetual, of this you can be sure.

Yes they should, you?

Before you say anything yes I understand your question, you do realized that M$ and Apple have reaped billions, right?

Though I will say it again some people DON'T CARE if people get paid for they work the gave to others. Also, as it has been pointed out, most Linux programmers are paid for their work.

DMGrier

VIP Member

I have a crazy idea, the Linux companies that make money have paid programmers so they are being paid for there work, as I proved you wrong with the employ number at red hat. then the OS where there is no paid employ's are free and the community helps out to make it there OS and since they do not pay for it then I guess it is a win win situation.

What is even crazier is when a company like Red Hat lets it's under the technology leak down to a free OS to use like Fedora and we did not pay for it.

I was thinking how crazy that is but I just remembered that is how it worked, still dodging the point of how you consider Linux evil and corrupt but yet you are running it but still have not figured out how to use it.

Double-Aces

banned
What Linux OS do you run and I am guessing you still have not figured out how to work it, and for a person who is so against the slaved programmers for you to be running Linux is kinda of funny. So I guess my media player that does everything that M$ Media player can do is nothing? The Chat clients I have that does more then M$ Messenger is worthless. I guess my photo manager that does the same thing is worthless. My Terminal is worthless compared to powershell. How about my Libre Office that does just about everything M$ office does for free and is compatible with M$ office is worthless. I could keep going on some other software that is much higher end but it is pointless, you have obviously never used any Linux OS, you tried but you receive the epic fail award.

I do not use the MS Media player, and do not chat. My photo manager and editor is Adobe Photoshop/Elements, my company has 50,000 plus employees and they all use MS Office, thus your free nonsense would not be useful in any way. My Wifes company, same thing. The fact is that you have not mentioned any software that is useful in the real World. Then you live in e-mail and chatland with Lady GAGA screaming in the background. I don't.

Next

Double-Aces

banned
I have a crazy idea, the Linux companies that make money have paid programmers so they are being paid for there work, as I proved you wrong with the employ number at red hat. then the OS where there is no paid employ's are free and the community helps out to make it there OS and since they do not pay for it then I guess it is a win win situation.

What is even crazier is when a company like Red Hat lets it's under the technology leak down to a free OS to use like Fedora and we did not pay for it.

I was thinking how crazy that is but I just remembered that is how it worked, still dodging the point of how you consider Linux evil and corrupt but yet you are running it but still have not figured out how to use it.

I have a great idea for you, go to your local Chevy dealer, browse the Suburbans and Vettes for a while. When the salesperson comes over to you, ask thm with a straight face, which car or truck you can have for free. Prices are determined by the free market, thus the Linux operating system is worthless, except to the ponzi scammers who are exploiting it for financial gain.

Darthaus

I do not use the MS Media player, and do not chat. My photo manager and editor is Adobe Photoshop/Elements, my company has 50,000 plus employees and they all use MS Office, thus your free nonsense would not be useful in any way. My Wifes company, same thing. The fact is that you have not mentioned any software that is useful in the real World. Then you live in e-mail and chatland with Lady GAGA screaming in the background. I don't.

Next

Elements huh? Just sayin:good: