Anyone else running Windows eight? and if so how do you like it?

DMGrier

VIP Member
I do not use the MS Media player, and do not chat. My photo manager and editor is Adobe Photoshop/Elements, my company has 50,000 plus employees and they all use MS Office, thus your free nonsense would not be useful in any way. My Wifes company, same thing. The fact is that you have not mentioned any software that is useful in the real World. Then you live in e-mail and chatland with Lady GAGA screaming in the background. I don't.

Next

Wow the thousands you could save with Libre Office, and you run a company? I am surprise you are a success or your just lying. I do much more then what I listed above but what is the point of talking about gimp, blender, bug searching and editing videos.

A little off topic but for those of you interested lightworks video editor is coming next month to OSX and Linux. I think you will have to pay for it but it is a prettty premium video editor from what I read.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
I have a great idea for you, go to your local Chevy dealer, browse the Suburbans and Vettes for a while. When the salesperson comes over to you, ask thm with a straight face, which car or truck you can have for free. Prices are determined by the free market, thus the Linux operating system is worthless, except to the ponzi scammers who are exploiting it for financial gain.

Old copy pasta is old. You used this one on Darthaus already. Troll confirmed. :good:

Last edited:

Double-Aces

banned
Wow the thousands you could save with Libre Office, and you run a company? I am surprise you are a success or your just lying. I do much more then what I listed above but what is the point of talking about gimp, blender, bug searching and editing videos.

A little off topic but for those of you interested lightworks video editor is coming next month to OSX and Linux. I think you will have to pay for it but it is a prettty premium video editor from what I read.

My company is the company that I work at. I do not own it, though I have done payroll under XP, for the employees that work under me.

Next.

DMGrier

VIP Member
I am also sure with your company that does not exist that with 50,000 employees all using M$ office you could save yet again hundred of thousands in server cost using Linux. I am surprised you are not bankrupt with such a poor business plan.

Double-Aces

banned
I am also sure with your company that does not exist that with 50,000 employees all using M$ office you could save yet again hundred of thousands in server cost using Linux. I am surprised you are not bankrupt with such a poor business plan.

When you grow up, you will understand the concept that most often, you get what you pay for. And that the only thing that is for nothing..................................is nothing.

DMGrier

VIP Member
don't care about the family man, just this fake poorly ran business that I am sure no one has ever heard off. Further more you still know nothing about the available software for Linux and how it is built under the hood.

Not to mention you are a linux hater that has it installed in your home.

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
Do you think that people should be paid for their work, especially if that work results in others reaping billions...? A simple yes or no will do.
I have no idea why you think this is a simple yes or no question. It isn't. Yes, I do think people should be paid for their efforts. But the fact is, there simply isn't enough money around to be given for al the volunteer effort that's been contributed to open source projects. Does this mean that they should just stop contributing - even if they wanted to do so knowing that they won't be financially compensated? But think about all the progress that open source software has allowed us to make. Should all use of free software for monetary gain be labelled evil, even if the authors released their work under the terms that permit this specifically because they believe in freedom of software and information, and they believe that people have the right to use the software how they see fit?

Once in the trap of truth, no evil-doer ever escapes.
Not sure if I know what you're trying to say... it's interesting how many questions that I'd love to see you answer you've just plain ignored. Does this lovely quote apply to those as well?

The ghost of Christmas past, present and future are perpetual, of this you can be sure.
Definitely don't know what you're trying to say.

You're very good an asserting you're right but not very good an logically arguing your point. I don't think a single one of your points has gone without a valid rebuttal that you haven't addressed.

I'll also point out that while you might think that Linux is worthless and Windows is teh shiz for you and your wife with your multitude of Intel CPUs and badass SUVs, for what I use my computer for (programming, surprise surprise) Linux works a lot better.

Double-Aces

banned
Why?

Thats great for your son. You should be proud of him, but what does that have to do with anything? I haven't done that no, but I don't play baseball so I couldn't care less. You really are a cocky idiot.

Aint it the truth...........................Look, coaching no hitters is a dirty job, but someone has to do it. I have about 30,000 digtal photos. Gonna sell them all for $1000.00 on E-Bay someday. I might even let you buy one, if you are nice and stop trying to force free software on me?

Been called worse than a cocky idiot at many baseball games, even looked right in the face of one mad Daddy almost spitting in my face and told him that his son was going to strikeout, and that there was nothing he could do to change it. Well the kid struck out and my wifes truck got a flat tire.

Gonna put that tire on a Ferrari someday........................

Chow

DMGrier

VIP Member
When you grow up, you will understand the concept that most often, you get what you pay for. And that the only thing that is for nothing..................................is nothing.

Ha, grown up? Man I will tell you this okay, I served for five years (deployed for 3) in the US Navy. I have done some growing up, Have a wife and a beautiful son. But that does not dismiss the fact I know more and understand of the business structure of open source company.

Double-Aces

banned
I have no idea why you think this is a simple yes or no question. It isn't. Yes, I do think people should be paid for their efforts. But the fact is, there simply isn't enough money around to be given for al the volunteer effort that's been contributed to open source projects. Does this mean that they should just stop contributing - even if they wanted to do so knowing that they won't be financially compensated? But think about all the progress that open source software has allowed us to make. Should all use of free software for monetary gain be labelled evil, even if the authors released their work under the terms that permit this specifically because they believe in freedom of software and information, and they believe that people have the right to use the software how they see fit?

Not sure if I know what you're trying to say... it's interesting how many questions that I'd love to see you answer you've just plain ignored. Does this lovely quote apply to those as well?

Definitely don't know what you're trying to say.

You're very good an asserting you're right but not very good an logically arguing your point. I don't think a single one of your points has gone without a valid rebuttal that you haven't addressed.

I'll also point out that while you might think that Linux is worthless and Windows is teh shiz for you and your wife with your multitude of Intel CPUs and badass SUVs, for what I use my computer for (programming, surprise surprise) Linux works a lot better.

All linux users have to be programmers. That's the point, Microsoft lets me spend my time in the National Parks chasing bears or teaching my Son's to throw sinkers. You just sit there, and pretend................. http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/1004078252015278001fJaSWzRHli

Double-Aces

banned
Ha, grown up? Man I will tell you this okay, I served for five years (deployed for 3) in the US Navy. I have done some growing up, Have a wife and a beautiful son. But that does not dismiss the fact I know more and understand of the business structure of open source company.

But did you buy a $500.00 smart phone with no antenna?

"But that does not dismiss the fact I know more and understand of the business structure of open source company." Ah, okeedoke, ifm u um se so.

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member

Darthaus

Aint it the truth...........................Look, coaching no hitters is a dirty job, but someone has to do it. I have about 30,000 digtal photos. Gonna sell them all for $1000.00 on E-Bay someday. I might even let you buy one, if you are nice and stop trying to force free software on me?

Been called worse than a cocky idiot at many baseball games, even looked right in the face of one mad Daddy almost spitting in my face and told him that his son was going to strikeout, and that there was nothing he could do to change it. Well the kid struck out and my wifes truck got a flat tire.

Gonna put that tire on a Ferrari someday........................

Chow

Wow you are a terrible person, honestly. I feel sorry for the people who have to live with you day in and day out. Sounds like you are a liked guy in the neighborhood.
I'm sure your son will be happy that you are reaping thousands of dollars from his hard work that he did with no pay. Talk about slave labor.

Last edited:

Double-Aces

banned
...no they don't.

Not sure what this has got to do with the topic at hand. Or what I am allegedly pretending for that matter.

Yes they do, they also have to spend countless hours searching for video drivers and custom drivers for hardware. You think it's fun, and that's ok, I respect that. However, I would rather be in the forest chasing and photographing bears. Does your linux run direct X 11? My kids want to know. Because they are tired of the penguin bowling that you are bragging about.

DMGrier

VIP Member
everyone tell me if I am wrong but a company with 50,000 employees would have a web site right? I am sure he can not cough that up.

By the way for any of you who might believe him, I am a full Linux user, no dual boot with Windows and I do absolutelty no programming.