• Creative

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Neither (please state)

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters

Bobo

banned
double-dragon said:
I would/am go/going for the Creative one...apple's is too expensive for what you can get at half the price with Creative

Definitely

But sometimes expensiver is betterer

Techdavid

Apple rules!!! When i was using windows xp proffesional my computer was so instable i could not even run notepad quickly :(

Bobo

banned
Techdavid said:
Apple rules!!! When i was using windows xp proffesional my computer was so instable i could not even run notepad quickly :(

XP Pro is not a factor in stableness

What mobo model, CPU, RAM, PSU, etc?

Bobo

banned
Echo_ said:
u dont buy an apple to play games. you have much to learn young grasshopper

Grasshopper?

I don't see that Apples are better than PCs for anything......except looks. Even there, I think they're ugly, but a lot of people don't

SFR

Truth fears no questions
If you live in the world of graphic arts... if you design special effects for movies... etc... ..and do not own a Mac, you are already one step behind the competition. My father is in advertising & marketing and they use Macs for everything but the bookkeeping.

Besides I have played around with OS X ... and I cant say a thing bad about it. (Under it is UNIX and I was able to run Linux and a windows emulator... it was pretty cool) ...but don’t worry, you most likely will never see a Mac in any room of my house.

Bobo

banned
So they use Macs for special effects.

Is that what they were designed for? Or just as a poor competitor to PCs?

zilla

Bobo said:
So they use Macs for special effects.

Is that what they were designed for? Or just as a poor competitor to PCs?

They're designed for the "enlightened" as Steve Jobs once put it. They're supposed to be an alternative to PC's, a more stable, better running, faster alternative. Are they? Eh, they work pretty good but I'll never buy one. As SFR said, graphic artists swear by them. OS X is pretty awesome, if you've ever bothered to use it. Did you know that the original Windows was basically a copy of Apples OS?

Apple builds great computers. The reason you're not using one right now, isn't because they're not as good as PC's, it's because the job that Bill Gates did marketing his products. Back in the mid 80's, Apples were the computer of choice.

SFR

Truth fears no questions
Yes XEROX, APPLE and IBM just did not understand the big picture. Bill Gates, while not a brilliant programmer (though he did not steal everything, like many people believe.. with Paul Allen, they did create a version of BASIC for the MITS Altair), was a genius at manipulating large companies; which ultimately enabled him to amass the fortune he has today.

I have used OS X and since I love UNIX (even love working with vi ) I was thrilled to see APPLE take a GIANT step in the right direction (and... finally getting rid of AppleTalk and using TCP/IP etc.. didn’t hurt) It is interesting to see how much influence the media really has. All you have to do is tell the public your product is better, over and over and over and over and they will ultimately begin to believe you. Apple has found a niche in the graphics community, and has geared their research and development to the improvement of software for that niche.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Grasshopper?
from "Kung Fu," a classic.
the original Windows was basically a copy of Apples OS?
and Apples OS was basically a copy of a Xerox system. That's where WYSIWYG was really invented.
Macs run a very powerful processor and contrary to popular belief they were the first home computer to sport a 64-bit processor. And as stated before, the media folk swear by Macs (I'm convinced it's due to their general computer illiterateness, but they do do media work well). Also for the computer illiterate Macs are perfect. They are very hard to break on a software level and except for some rare cases they always work