Are you going to get Vista for your laptop?

if one, which one?

• NO damn it!!

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • Home basic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Home premium

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • Biz

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Ultimate (rich basterd)

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • Maybe later

Votes: 22 37.3%

• Total voters

Geoff

VIP Member
I've had Vista business since early December, and I dont even have it on my laptop or desktop, thats how much I dont care for it (I got it for free btw).

I especially wont get it on my laptop, because I only have a 100GB hard drive and I dont feel like wasting space for a useless OS. I will only switch to Vista once their are no more driver issues, they release more programs for Vista, and until Vista becomes the "norm".

HumanMage

Too bad if you buy a Dell XPS (as far as I know its all of the dell laptops) laptop, Vista comes with it as the OS, no option for XP anymore :(

Like I am thinking of doing

Geoff

VIP Member
Too bad if you buy a Dell XPS (as far as I know its all of the dell laptops) laptop, Vista comes with it as the OS, no option for XP anymore :(

Like I am thinking of doing

I doubt that, as of now still the only option is XP but you get the Vista upgrade coupon.

HumanMage

No, I just checked the "customize" section where you pick your hardware and software options an under the OS menu, Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium, Business, and Vista Ultimate were available.

djcon

Ya for all Dells, its Vista, no more XP...

my dad is attempting to buy a Dell desktop... a peice of junk one... and the main reason is because it has Vista.

Geoff

VIP Member
No, I just checked the "customize" section where you pick your hardware and software options an under the OS menu, Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium, Business, and Vista Ultimate were available.

Oh wow, then it must have been very recent because I was customizing a laptop yesterday I believe and it was only XP that was available.

AdmnPower

VIP Member
was there a price drop, origonally i thought vista ultimate was going to be more than $199, but i saw it on newegg for that price.

HumanMage

Ca-razy...did previous OS's cost this much? You could buy so many different components for a computer that would benefit much better for the 300$. I think the price alone will make me hold off on buying vista, for a desktop at least.

Verve

As I've said before, I'll only be getting Vista as OEM when my current computer needs replacing. Could be a year or more.

MrJohnDough

**** no.
because vista needs lot's of resources to run fast:
high end video card
2gigs of memory etc.

I put it in the my parents pc:
asus P5B-E(I wish I ordered deluxe, but decided to save)
2gb of g.skill memory DDR2 PC2 6400. runs 800mhz at 1.8v. will overclock it later when I learn about overclocking.
e6300 core 2 duo.
evga nvidia 7800 GT 256mb.
250gb perpendicula recording seagate baracuda.

so windows xp are blasing fast, now. I don't know what will happen
when I overclock everything.
I thought it's gonna be waste of money even though my bro uses maya and photoshop on large files. but now windows vista home basic will keep this system busy.

but it's too much load on laptop with 1gb memory and on board card. d rather make xp pro look fancy with skins and have my laptop work fast than put vista which will take all resources away.

the182guy

I've had it since early december, I got it free from uni, but its useless as nVidia haven't released the graphics drivers for my geforce go 7900 512mb yet, so it's installed using a crappy res and colours lol.

tlarkin

VIP Member
first off no home user needs to even buy ultimate. no home user would ever need to connect to a domain network in their home. So there is really no practical reason a home user would need ultimate. people would buy it just to say they have "ultimate" its a marketing scheme.

Secondly, vista runs like crap and XP has already shown to out perform it in almost every bench mark. Granted its always like a 3 ~ 7% over vista on average. However, if MS wants me to fork over money for their new OS it should at least be a better product over their previous OS. As of right now it is not a better product. It may look pretty, but its not better.