Are you going to get Vista for your laptop?

if one, which one?

• NO damn it!!

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • Home basic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Home premium

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • Biz

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Ultimate (rich basterd)

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • Maybe later

Votes: 22 37.3%

• Total voters

-gunut-

[-0MEGA-];573112 said:
The 6800 is a much better card then the 7300.

And I have Vista Business on my laptop now :)

I ended up getting the same computer as my buddy after I saw it. I have vista home premium. Sweeeet! So pending my games not working well with my current card what would be a recommended upgrade? Under $200 hopefully!

Oh and what is your rating with vista? I only get a 3.2 :(

Zovistograt

No, I don't really want an OS that is just XP with nicer graphics and stuff (like Widgets...calling them "Gadgets" doesn't make it better) stolen from Mac OSX.

Same reason I don't want a PS3. :D

The_Beast

I will get vista ultimate once it's proven reliable and the price comes down to around 150-175 OEM (if it does come down at all)

LPH

The Vista interface is far superior to XP and so I do not understand many of these posts. Are they negative from experience or reading other people's opinions? Vista is more secure, more stable, and launches much faster on my Gateway Tablet PC. After using the betas and now the RTM for months, going back to XP is like going back to the 50s and trying to use "their latest computer." Would you use a slide-rule, calculator, or more advanced computer?

Another perspective - if you compared Linux downloaded in 1998 to a 2007 version - which would you use? The latest, of course.

tlarkin

VIP Member
The Vista interface is far superior to XP and so I do not understand many of these posts. Are they negative from experience or reading other people's opinions? Vista is more secure, more stable, and launches much faster on my Gateway Tablet PC. After using the betas and now the RTM for months, going back to XP is like going back to the 50s and trying to use "their latest computer." Would you use a slide-rule, calculator, or more advanced computer?

Another perspective - if you compared Linux downloaded in 1998 to a 2007 version - which would you use? The latest, of course.

So, you support all the crappy DRM stuff vista has? I sure as hell don't! More secure? I don't really see how, its not radically different over windows XP.

I like to say, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Vista offers nothing performance wise over XP to justify a paid upgrade. The new "eye candy" is really the only huge difference. SMB2 is going to cause problems to non windows platform machines. The DRM is out of control, you still can't play a DVD out of the box (you have to download and install tons of codecs for crappy windows media player) and it will actually lower the quality of other media that is not validated via DRM.

I will still wait until SP1 before I put it on any of my personal systems. At work I may toss it on a few to play around with it, since we have an MSDN subscription. However, we won't be deploying vista on our machines at work for quite some time.

billygt

I'll get Vista when programs won't be XP compatitble.
Vista is not a big change, and is on the market to force people de buy more powerful PCs.

Jabes

banned
[-0MEGA-];568185 said:
It costs $399 at Circuit City :eek:

I can get vista ultimate full for $250 or somewhere around that. I think its $199 for the update if thats what ur talkin about.

fatdragon

I can get vista ultimate full for $250 or somewhere around that. I think its $199 for the update if thats what ur talkin about.

so who cares if you can get it for $250 i can get for $75
ps are you trying to make old threads come alive again?