Armada RAM

BrandonL

ok you know what... it seems that you don't believe that i know what the situation is here... but i do. the PC133 will not backtrack to work with your system so you have to try and find the PC100. end of story

Bobo

banned
BrandonL said:
ok you know what... it seems that you don't believe that i know what the situation is here... but i do. the PC133 will not backtrack to work with your system so you have to try and find the PC100. end of story
I have the PC100, and it works. And yes I did believe that, but right now I am lost...the PC100 won't do for me what I need it to. I really have no idea what you are talking about. :(

Lax

VIP Member
BTW, something tells me that neither of you read the whole thread.:rolleyes:
I've read the whole thread many times and I believe you don't know what's wrong with your machine. You say you've tried PC100, PC133, and many other different makes of RAM in the machine. Which means it's a RAM problem with either the machine itself or the RAM you're sticking in it. Since however many sticks of RAM you've tried most likely won't all fail the problem lies mostly at your machine with either 1 or both of the RAM slots or with something else having to be hardware related.

Bobo

banned
Lord AnthraX said:
I've read the whole thread many times and I believe you don't know what's wrong with your machine. You say you've tried PC100, PC133, and many other different makes of RAM in the machine. Which means it's a RAM problem with either the machine itself or the RAM you're sticking in it. Since however many sticks of RAM you've tried most likely won't all fail the problem lies mostly at your machine with either 1 or both of the RAM slots or with something else having to be hardware related.
OK, I must have said something wrong. You say taht all the RAM failed. It did not all fail. The PC100 that the laptop originally had works fine in the laptop. The PC133 that I bought does not. I don't see how the problem could be with the machine considering that it boots fine with the PC100, therefore I think that it is a compatibility issue. All I was asking is if I could change anything to make it work.

BTW, I can tell that you both are getting annoyed, and I trying very hard not to annoy you. We are not talking on the same terms here, and I am just trying to get it all figured out.

Bobo

banned
Lord AnthraX said:
Then send back the PC133 and buy a stick of PC100, that simple.
I know that answer, I was trying to see if the PC133 could work through any means. And PC100 is 3 times the price of PC133:rolleyes:

BrandonL

well if ur having trouble with the PC133 then stop trying and just buy the PC100... i guess it's worth what u pay b/c it works with no problems

Bobo

banned
BrandonL said:
well if ur having trouble with the PC133 then stop trying and just buy the PC100... i guess it's worth what u pay b/c it works with no problems
Yeah, but I was trying to not pay more because three people here told me that PC133 would work.....anyway let's drop the subject.

BrandonL

give me the prices on how much the PC133 and the PC100 are and then we'll decide if you would be blowing too much money

Bobo

banned
BrandonL said:
give me the prices on how much the PC133 and the PC100 are and then we'll decide if you would be blowing too much money
$80 versus $30 each for 256MB CAS3 (not including shipping)

BrandonL

o0o wow... i thought it was a small difference. umm... have you tried ebay for the PC133 because they got just about everything under the sun on that website.

Bobo

banned
BrandonL said:
o0o wow... i thought it was a small difference. umm... have you tried ebay for the PC133 because they got just about everything under the sun on that website.
no can do...parents don't trust it and won't sign up for Paypal (grrrrr)

Last edited:

BrandonL

yeh Lord AnthraX is right... i made an e-bay account about a month ago and i didn't have to sign up for paypal. even if you do under the circumstances, you dont necessarily have to use it. there's the option of checking or straight up cash.