Votes: 13 65.0%
  • Nvidia

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SpetsnaZ

Everyone is intitled to their opinion, and I think that websites like Tom's Hardware are just pieces to a puzzle of opinions and benchmarks.....it's up tu you the reader to get as most info as possible and make your own decision on what is good and what is less good.

It's all about marketing........nothing else! Every one likes a perticular brand and some epople will have trouble saying another brand is also good...but there are some people who are bias to what ever brand. A team of writters has many members, some might be true to the principle of fairness in not promoting what they like better but instead give an honest opinion based on test results............but some others like to sell what they like or what they are paid under the table to sell...get it !!!!!!! Personaly, I think that Tom's hardware is 90 % straight up honest !! But that's one man's opinion. :cool:

SpetsnaZ

I'd say that's a fair analysis (quoted from Praetor)

Hey, of course I'm fair, I'm bias to all website reviews hehe

4W4K3

VIP Member
SpetsnaZ said:
Personaly, I think that Tom's hardware is 90 % straight up honest !! But that's one man's opinion. :cool:

i'd say information wise thats about right. im just more upset about what they DON'T promote, or what they DE-PROMOTE (word?) but just like u said, its an opinion lol. you can never find a website that suites your every need... :(

Turkishmoose

Dıd anyone consider the fact that Nividas new card supports Direct X 9.0c and Ati does not??? Could be a problem for people who like to think ahead.

Either way, i'm still an ATI fan, i think the girl thats on the promotions of the new ATI card is much hotter than the mermaids on the promotions of NIVIDA.....just an opinion

SpetsnaZ

Turkishmoose said:
i think the girl thats on the promotions of the new ATI card is much hotter than the mermaids on the promotions of NIVIDA.....just an opinion

SO Then you must drink COORS LIGHT cuz Molson ex has boys on its commercials!!! :cool:

4W4K3

VIP Member
i wouldn't care if nvidia's mascot (<whatever) was a big fat hairy white guy, i'd still buy them lol. :rolleyes:

Turkishmoose

Hey, marketing is what sells products....

And ATI seems to be winning in the pole so something must be working for em. I mean besides the fact they're very good cards.....

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, marketing is what sells products....
Dunno how much that rule applies to $400+ videocards :D realistically i think there's too much emphasis on the proverbial pissing contest and not enough on enjoying your hardware :)

Nephilim

VIP Member
I have to say that I've thoroughly enjoyed my short time here so far due to mature, respectful and intelligent discussion to be found. This an outstanding forum and surely there are good things in store for this site :)

smadge

speaking of that. when was this site foundeded. probably recently because everybody joined in july.
-smadge

4W4K3

VIP Member
Nephilim said:
I have to say that I've thoroughly enjoyed my short time here so far due to mature, respectful and intelligent discussion to be found. This an outstanding forum and surely there are good things in store for this site :)

AMEN! lol. every other forum i frequent seems to have little tards running around starting fights and challenging admins, causing trouble, i hate it! i have yet to see a match here go on longer than it should, if at all.

Hellfire

Oh.. I have to agree, Alot of forums have they're lil pricks now and then :) this is nice and calm.. and doesn't promose/let u disguss illegal stuff (not that I would ;) )

ian

Administrator
Staff member
when was this site foundeded. probably recently because everybody joined in july.
It was founded on 30 November 2003, but things really started to grow around July 04.
This was the very first thread.
http://www.computerforum.com/showthread.php?t=1&page=1
you will notice a few familiar people in that thread.
AMEN! lol. every other forum i frequent seems to have little tards running around starting fights and challenging admins, causing trouble,
This place also sees its fair share of trouble.
and doesn't promose/let u disguss illegal stuff
We now have a set of rules in place, and will be taking a rather hard line stance on not allowing discussions on illegal stuff. The site will have a primary focus on hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.