Ati?

Ramodkk

VIP Member
Actually, BestBuy is the only electronics store (haven't been to MicroCenter though) that has good deals, they have great laptop prices, good video card prices (as seen above) and then you gotta thank them for having that "Rocketfish" for $50 Corey! :D

Kornowski

VIP Member
^ Me too, me too.

But you know, the better/higher end the cards are, the more performance they yield so yeah. That's the only time I would consider a multi-card congif, you know, If im gonna use high or mid-high end cards.

And for that you need moneys! and I don't have them... :D

Yeah, Obviously getting a single 260 or 280 would be a better option. Getting the money and telling my parents "It's something I need for College" isn't really going to happen :p

Ramodkk

VIP Member
No I mean, I think that the only time one should use SLi/CrossFire is if you're gonna pair high-end cards.

And yeah! haha "Dad, we're doing a fundraiser at band practice, wanna buy an GTX280?" :D

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, BestBuy is the only electronics store (haven't been to MicroCenter though) that has good deals, they have great laptop prices, good video card prices (as seen above) and then you gotta thank them for having that "Rocketfish" for $50 Corey! :D

Too bad you don't have Fry's Electronics in your area. We have two within 30 miles were I live. Heard good things about Microcenter...

Kornowski

VIP Member
No I mean, I think that the only time one should use SLi/CrossFire is if you're gonna pair high-end cards.

And yeah! haha "Dad, we're doing a fundraiser at band practice, wanna buy an GTX280?" :D

Well, personally, I still consider the 8800GTS high end. I've read that in SLI, their performance is the same as a GTX260, sometimes even a GTX280!

Like that'd happen, :( lol

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
Well, personally, I still consider the 8800GTS high end. I've read that in SLI, their performance is the same as a GTX260, sometimes even a GTX280!

I think it'll run well. It'll look hella sick, that's for sure. ;)

Ramodkk

VIP Member
Too bad you don't have Fry's Electronics in your area.

We do ;)

And thanks for reminding, I completely forgot about it. I take my word back, ok so it goes

1. Fry's
then
2. BestBuy

:p

Like that'd happen, :( lol

Yeah, basically what I'm saying is that your 2 x 8800GTS's might yield a little more performance in SLi than 2 x 8800GT.

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
I don't even think there is a FRY's in the whole state here :p

haha, yeah. Perfect case for me after modding it. All together i have about $130 in it :D

EDIT: i hope they still have that deal going friday, i might pick up a 4870.. or a couple 4850s :p

Kornowski

VIP Member
:drools:

We need a drools smiley. :p

Oh, Yeah. Totally...

drool.gif

Know where I got that? lol

Thats perfect, i mean... my 3870 is OVERKILL for me. Ha! like a really need two 4870s.. :rolleyes::p

But...but... its sooo pretty :D

Haha, It looks good through your side window, so you bought another. :p

Archangel

VIP Member
Yeah, Obviously getting a single 260 or 280 would be a better option. Getting the money and telling my parents "It's something I need for College" isn't really going to happen :p

how about "its something I need to make my life bearable" :p

or even better, get a job (and ditch the other hobbies, haha :D )

houseofbugs

I've been having constant reoccurring problems with my current NVIDIA cards, and have been considering going over to ATI.

Is the 4870 the best card from ATI, excluding the 4870X2.
Are they planning any new cards coming out anytime soon?

Thanks.

You had one issue with your 8800GT's. And to be honest it was probably a PEBKAC error or ID10T.

~Tim