Australia Computer Parts

linkin

VIP Member
Well before i had this board, it was ScOuT's, and he had a Q9300 running in there. it also has the latest bios which enabled them to run fully. the only problem would be if a got a really high end QX9650 or something that needs a lot of power... only a 4pin cpu connection.

Last edited:

linkin

VIP Member
Buzz, i will just go with the Q9400. PCCG has them for $225, and thats about the same as on ebay.

Springy182

Well before i had this board, it was ScOuT's, and he had a Q9300 running in there. it also has the latest bios which enabled them to run fully. the only problem would be if a got a really high end QX9650 or something that needs a lot of power... only a 4pin cpu connection.

Then you're lucky, officially EVGA doesnt list 45NM quads on the list of supported CPUs for 6 series boards, and some even claim you need to disable two cores to get it to work.

Power shouldnt be a problem unless you try and OC it to 4GHz. Your generic 860W PSU however is a problem.

linkin

VIP Member
You know what's a problem now? My CPU died, i was re-applying paste and now i can barely get into the bios, sometimes i get no signal on the monitor... :( I did discharge my static...

Change of plans buzz, I need a decent dual core now... what do you recommend thats less than $120?

bomberboysk

You know what's a problem now? My CPU died, i was re-applying paste and now i can barely get into the bios, sometimes i get no signal on the monitor... :( I did discharge my static...

Change of plans buzz, I need a decent dual core now... what do you recommend thats less than $120?
And you know that it is cpu how? If it was your cpu it most likely wouldnt work at all... Sounds more like PSU, Memory, GPU, or Mobo....

Last edited:

linkin

VIP Member
Because I only took out the processor... Last night i turned it on after re-applying AS-5 and i got no video. This morning the BIOS actually showed up.. it posted... then locked up... i did get into the BIOS one time, moved to the next tab, and it locked up. Is it possible i only damaged the CPU? with a small amount of static?
I dont have the little beeper plugged into the mobo so it might be beeping at me and i woldnt know it.

I did try clearing the CMOS, nothing. And my parents just told me they bought me a new cpu for xmas already :eek:
It's an E6300... so sorry buzz :( I'll buy something off you one day! Promise! They bought it online so it should be here next week.

It's a shame, my brother was finally going to get a dualcore when i upgraded.. now he's stuck on his P4 even longer.

On the brightside, I heard people can get these E6300's to 4ghz and higher!

bomberboysk

Because I only took out the processor... Last night i turned it on after re-applying AS-5 and i got no video. This morning the BIOS actually showed up.. it posted... then locked up... i did get into the BIOS one time, moved to the next tab, and it locked up. Is it possible i only damaged the CPU? with a small amount of static?
I dont have the little beeper plugged into the mobo so it might be beeping at me and i woldnt know it.

I did try clearing the CMOS, nothing. And my parents just told me they bought me a new cpu for xmas already :eek:
It's an E6300... so sorry buzz :( I'll buy something off you one day! Promise! They bought it online so it should be here next week.

It's a shame, my brother was finally going to get a dualcore when i upgraded.. now he's stuck on his P4 even longer.

On the brightside, I heard people can get these E6300's to 4ghz and higher!
Try the cpu in your brothers machine, it really sounds to me like cpu is fine though. Also check your CPU power connector and cpu fan, as well as remounting the heatsink(sounds like it could be overheating as well)

linkin

VIP Member
Tried remounting heatsink... brother wont let me inside his computer. can sometimes move around the bios.. maybe 4 options away and it hangs.

I'll remount the heatsink one more time.. third time's the charm (hopefully!)

Oh, and the E6300 i'm getting is the 2.8ghz, 45nm one.

EDIT: computer is booting now... Reseated HSF and using 1 stick of memory for now. I think my RAM has issues when all 4 slots are used.

Stuck the rest of the memory in. It boots fine, everything overclocked and all.

images

Last edited:

Springy182

Tried remounting heatsink... brother wont let me inside his computer. can sometimes move around the bios.. maybe 4 options away and it hangs.

I'll remount the heatsink one more time.. third time's the charm (hopefully!)

Oh, and the E6300 i'm getting is the 2.8ghz, 45nm one.

EDIT: computer is booting now... Reseated HSF and using 1 stick of memory for now. I think my RAM has issues when all 4 slots are used.

Stuck the rest of the memory in. It boots fine, everything overclocked and all.

images

Could also be your PSU having problems, it is a generic after all.

awildgoose

Hey Buzz, how much would you be selling XFX GTS 250's for? I can't seem to find them in a store (online or not) that either ships or is near me.

Buzz1927

Digaredd
Hey Buzz, how much would you be selling XFX GTS 250's for? I can't seem to find them in a store (online or not) that either ships or is near me.
Seems to be a supply problem with the XFX 250's at the mo, I can get the 240 and 260, and any other brand of 250, but no ETA for the XFX. I'll be making a few calls in the new year, so I'll find out what's going on :)

awildgoose

Seems to be a supply problem with the XFX 250's at the mo, I can get the 240 and 260, and any other brand of 250, but no ETA for the XFX. I'll be making a few calls in the new year, so I'll find out what's going on :)

Okay, umm what about the XFX 260's then?
Thanks.

linkin

VIP Member
2010 bump!

Bomber seems to be hoarding the shin-etsu x23-7783d :p have you got any of that thermal compound? pc case gear has it but they don't take paypal :(

Buzz1927

Digaredd
2010 bump!

Bomber seems to be hoarding the shin-etsu x23-7783d :p have you got any of that thermal compound? pc case gear has it but they don't take paypal :(
Not many places sell it here, I might get some myself from pccasegear in the next week or 2, how much were you after?