tlarkin

VIP Member
Here you go Aussies, don't use it all in one place

you-won-free-internet.jpg

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
i can feel internet tax coming on, thats the next money making sceme

Yup thats alistair darlings idea...They want to tax us for everything these days...were probably the country in the world that pays the most tax :D

They will tax us to use our own toilet next....

I heard this internet tax will be an additional £6 a month,Thats on top of of whatever you pay for your isp aswell for your connection,So for me it will be £43 a month!

Currently pay £37 p/m for a 20mb connection.

Last edited:

tlarkin

VIP Member
Yup thats alistair darlings idea...They want to tax us for everything these days...were probably the country in the world that pays the most tax :D

They will tax us to use our own toilet next....

Some "more social" European countries take up to 65% of your pay in taxes.

Twist86

http://www.wetpapernews.com/index.p...roaring-success&catid=34:local-news&Itemid=63

I really hope you all are writing your government and telling them no way.

Welcome to the future....soon the rest of the world will do this kind of stuff. We are prisoners with invisible bars and the box is getting smaller and smaller one step here another there till its a 6x6 with no room to breath.

The US is trying to pass such laws as well and Obama recently went to go talk about "world laws" which would render our constitution useless thus allow any law they want to be made and any freedom removed.

tlarkin

VIP Member
Welcome to the future....soon the rest of the world will do this kind of stuff. We are prisoners with invisible bars and the box is getting smaller and smaller one step here another there till its a 6x6 with no room to breath.

The US is trying to pass such laws as well and Obama recently went to go talk about "world laws" which would render our constitution useless thus allow any law they want to be made and any freedom removed.

Did you read about when Obama went to China and said that China should not censor or filter the Internet? That was just recently.

tlarkin

VIP Member

I know it is a fake news article but the news is real, Australia is getting a filter...

Also, why would the government not build cases against scammers and spammers if they really wanted to protect their citizens from the evils of the Internet?

Last edited:

Twist86

Did you read about when Obama went to China and said that China should not censor or filter the Internet? That was just recently.

Obama did that purely to show how big he thinks he is....we should have no say over another countries policies. We need to stay out of other peoples business.

The funny part is one of his political points was to make sure the internet was neutral...so much for being neutral.

What is really scary is this.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/200...nhagen-deal-violate-constitution-critics-say/

If this goes by without being fought and won what will they do next?

It always starts small like "save the children" we will filter your internet but tomorrow they might just block you from ANYTHING that isn't in "their" best interest.

tlarkin

VIP Member
actually, I think there are a few smart people in the government that realize a few things...

First and foremost, filtering the Internet will give them less control over it. Look at China, so many proxies and encrypted searching go on over there, there is no way for the government to spy on the people. In the UK, when they started going after people for torrents, now 40% of all traffic is encrypted now. They can't see what is going on. Not filtering it allows for more transparency and more track-able data.