Avast slowing down my internet..?

mtb211

I wish I could but as previously mentioned, I have the full version, sucks that it'll go to waste if I end up just downloading the free stuff. I just wish I can utilize this full version without having it distracting my internet speed.

Hm if you want to keep the same version... I would uninstall it in safe mode and re install it.. you still have the key for the paid version right?

Matt

swchoi89

Hm if you want to keep the same version... I would uninstall it in safe mode and re install it.. you still have the key for the paid version right?

Matt

What difference does it make if I uninstall it using safe mode vs. normal windows mode?

And yes, I have all the key code and stuff in case for re-installation.

swchoi89

Remove it, and install the FREE version....then retest..

As mentioned before, I really don't want to remove the full version if I've paid for it. Also, with the same license, it works well with other computers, it's just my desktop...

I really want to utilize its application without wasting my money for nothing.

swchoi89

I guess no one knows the answer huh?

I'm thinking that it could be my USB wireless stick, heard that they're less reliable than PCI adapters. Is this true?

Punk

Staff member
I guess no one knows the answer huh?

I'm thinking that it could be my USB wireless stick, heard that they're less reliable than PCI adapters. Is this true?

I bought a USB wireless stick and it didn't have enough reach in order for me to get a proper connection. I bought a network card and it worked perfectly, so in my experience, wireless sticks aren't good at all, unless you are right next to your router...

swchoi89

I bought a USB wireless stick and it didn't have enough reach in order for me to get a proper connection. I bought a network card and it worked perfectly, so in my experience, wireless sticks aren't good at all, unless you are right next to your router...

Actually, my desktop is really far away from the router :p maybe that's the issue.