Battlefield 3 Thread

JLuchinski

Well I have a early access key, therefore there should be enough room on the early servers so this wouldn't happen. Pooh.

JLuchinski

Well I've been waiting an hour and a half. CrazyMike is only 3 hours north of me, I wonder if he has to wait as long? And does Alt+Enter bring it up to full screen for you? Because it doesn't work when I do it.

linkin

VIP Member
For any one that has early access on pc, how big is the beta download?

3.9GB

Open access is today. I believe.

Also some guys managed to get onto a caspian border server with a leaked password - they say it smashes rush/operation metro into the ground. :D

skidude

Open access is today. I believe.
I thought it was on the 29th... which would depend on time zone theoretically, but maybe they made it so it was 12:00AM at some specific time zone.

linkin

VIP Member
I thought it was on the 29th... which would depend on time zone theoretically, but maybe they made it so it was 12:00AM at some specific time zone.

Well it's 2:45am 29th here, I assume the rest of the world is somewhere behind :D

CrazyMike

Well it's 2:45am 29th here, I assume the rest of the world is somewhere behind :D

I've already played on the PS3 (early access for those who bought MOH). Kinda mad that i didn't buy MOH for PC, but can wait the two days.

It still is freaking awesome. When you can get a game that is.

Okedokey

Just to give you guys an idea.

On my system at 1900 x 1080 it uses between 30% and 45% of my CPU playing the game, and even more interestingly for those claiming you see no benefit in more than 4GB of RAM, it was consistently using 68% (5.44GB) of RAM. Im playing ultra settings and getting 40FPS.

Okedokey

Actually, i average less than 20FPS on ultra. BOO, time for a new card or two. Monitored Catalyst, the CF 5770s are 100% all the time. CPU is about 30% and RAM nearly 60%. So, GPU bottleneck it is. Time for a couple of 580s me thinks! Or may be 1. :)

skidude

Ok so it's the 29th now and I don't see any sign of the beta or where to download it in Origin. Anyone else not finding it?

edit- nvm found out it will be released "at some point today"... does me a lot of good when I try to have it downloading at home while I go to work and the morning is the only time I can do that :(

Last edited:

linkin

VIP Member
Actually, i average less than 20FPS on ultra. BOO, time for a new card or two. Monitored Catalyst, the CF 5770s are 100% all the time. CPU is about 30% and RAM nearly 60%. So, GPU bottleneck it is. Time for a couple of 580s me thinks! Or may be 1. :)

Get two 3GB 580's or two 2560MB EVGA 570's :D