Battlefield 3 Thread

Machin3

Finally managed to update OP, should be all good now. Took me like a year to do that but I think it looks pretty nice and comprehensive haha :D

Last edited:

jonnyp11

why can't there b any good expos or anything here in Atlanta or macon or something, i live right in the middle of the 2, but then there's still getting there and money cuz everything in Atlanta is overpriced like heeeellllllllllll

linkin

VIP Member
I'm waiting for my beta key, the beta goes live at 10pm here... it's 1:20pm, keys were supposed to be out this morning. :mad:

I pre-ordered MoH last year for this :mad:

mihir

VIP Member
The recommended requirements are very high, I did not expect them to be this much, I mean an HD6950/GTX 560Ti, that is a lot.

linkin

VIP Member
My sig rig maxed it easily, but on a twitter feed it said the settings aren't all ultra, some of the particle effects and such are still medium.

Screenshot dump!

bf32011-09-2723-43-58-50.png

bf32011-09-2723-44-41-47.png

bf32011-09-2723-45-31-40.png

bf32011-09-2723-59-25-74.png

bf32011-09-2800-00-00-27.png

bf32011-09-2800-01-31-35.png

bf32011-09-2800-03-30-25.png

bf32011-09-2800-13-48-12.png

It appears BF3 is one of those "I can see my feet!" games.

I'll a video up tomorrow... like 1GB to upload :eek:

linkin

VIP Member
Great screenshots Linkin! Thanks for posting that up.

What frames were you getting?

During recording, exactly 30 without stuttering. anywhere from 45-100 when not recording.

I'm rendering this video, then I'll be playing some more, because from 8:30am to 4:30pm tomorrow I will have no electricity :(

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Linkin is that the same map that we got in Alpha.? :/

I did not get a closed Beta key,But open beta is is on the 29th so il give it another go.

linkin

VIP Member
Linkin is that the same map that we got in Alpha.? :/

I did not get a closed Beta key,But open beta is is on the 29th so il give it another go.

Yeah it's the crappy alpha map.

And it's still rush *aka console mode*

and there's no comma rose like bf2

And there's sound taken straight from MoH (last year's fail game)

Fun to play but atm it just seems like another console game with decent graphics... :| Can't wait for 64 player conquest action!

wellhellothere

Commo rose won't be in the Beta, apparently it will be in the full game.

I agree about Rush - its crap, but i can tell that the core of this game is brilliant, and given the right environments, there will be hours and hours of fun to be had.

On another note, i need a new CPU! I reckon the 460 can do medium just about comfortably, but my CPU is hitting 90% regularly! I heard it was processor intensive, but i wasn't expecting so much

Commo rose won't be in the Beta, apparently it will be in the full game.

I agree about Rush - its crap, but i can tell that the core of this game is brilliant, and given the right environments, there will be hours and hours of fun to be had.

On another note, i need a new CPU! I reckon the 460 can do medium just about comfortably, but my CPU is hitting 90% regularly! I heard it was processor intensive, but i wasn't expecting so much

I would think your gpu is holding you back more than that cpu.

jonnyp11

well the game only wants a quad core for recomended, so a quad at over 3ghz should be perfectly fine, even if it's an amd not intel.