Battlefield 3 Thread

jonnyp11

yeah, i love when people have lasers and stuff so if they look at you you know to duck move and where to then shoot.

russb

I'm going to get myself a new pair of spects as i am having trouble seeing the bad guys,is it just me.:)

Ankur

Did anyone try the jet? The jets don't seem to have missiles and only 1 guy in a jet. I found this video, it was just using bullets and no missiles.
[YT]5453doXwaFY[/YT]

Gooberman

It loves my GPU xD
bf3l.png

jonnyp11

pretty sure they're all the same exact beta, only diff being how you play it, with a controller or a keyboard.

Makes sense, was hoping that was the case because the environments looked pretty terrible.

I think they are not showing us everything. On completely maxed settings I am running 60fps the whole time with v sync. So if this is as high as it will go even in the full game, they were way of saying it would need sli GTX 580s to max it!

skidude

They definitely aren't showing us everything, because as you pointed out it barely breaks a sweat to run it on ultra and have fantastic fps. I was just initially disappointed because the trees look like they were from 2006 and there are some really bad textures mixed in with really good ones. Just looks sloppy, but I can't say I am surprised because this is beta.

Bananapie

Those people that abuse the glitches suck, I also got killed through a large rock while behind it lol

I feel you! Sometimes I randomly just die and it's a big wth, and then it shows the person on the other side of the wall down a corridor etc. haha

mrjack

VIP Member
I feel you! Sometimes I randomly just die and it's a big wth, and then it shows the person on the other side of the wall down a corridor etc. haha

I was killed by someone who shot me from behind and it was very early on in the round, so it seemed strange that someone would have made their way behind our lines. The killcam showed that the guy was in the part of the map that contains the background for when you customize your kit.

I've also noticed that unless DICE "fixes" the fact that the defenders can get back to the first stage of the map from the metro, then you'll see which teams are good. A good team will have a few guys stay a bit behind to look out for any enemies trying to flank the team.

jonnyp11

the problem is, 99% of people who will be playing both suck and don't understand the definition of "flanking." also for the guys complaining about this stuff in the beta, well if you didn't play the beta they wouldn't have found the glitches and these would have been released with the full game.

PohTayToez

I downloaded the 360 beta last night. I think it only has the Metro level :-/

Anyway, overall I didn't hate it, and since it's the beta and I only got a small taste of it I'm not going to make a decision on it. It does scare me that this close to release the beta has so many problems. I imagine EA will continue with the industry standard and release a broken game to be patched later.

The biggest complaint I have is the scope glare. I like the idea, it just looks stupid the way they did it. I'd like to see a shimmer rather than a freaking spotlight.

Also I was a bit disappointed in the destructible environments... didn't seem to be as good as BC2.

Gooberman

I remember a couple times i was like 2 feet behind a guy and i put a full clip into him and I didn't hit him once he turns around and fires like 3 shots and i die lol, I think my eye's are failing :D