Battlefield 3 Thread

skidude

Just went 24-2 on Caspian Border and was disconnected from the server before the round ended so I don't get the points for it.... sigh

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
64 player battles is awesome. Caspian Border is so much better than Metro.

Meh i dunno,Im not all that impressed with BF3 at the moment...Metro is just plain crap,and Caspian border is alright if you can get a Chopper or Jet otherwise your walking for miles if theres no jeep/tanks around. :cool:

Hate the new classes,Wish it was more like BC2 thats still a wicked game.

Last edited:

Kewl Munky

For some reason it keeps crashing on me when I SLI my GTX 285's, but if I don't have them in SLI I can run them fine. It worked like this before and after I got the newest beta driver for the game. Also, they only have my resolution of 1680x1050 at 59Hz for some reason >.>

russb

They are taking notice.

Sounds good to me.
"Top 10 Battlefield 3 Open Beta issues and how we are addressing them

We’re more than half way through the open beta and thrilled to see so many people still enjoying the game while continuing to give us great feedback. As part of our dedication to showing you how your feedback is directly affecting and improving Battlefield 3, here are the latest Top-Ten Community Issues that we’re addressing.
1. Squad issues: Cannot play with friends within same squad, squads get split up onto opposite teams, etc.

There will be improved squad functionality in the retail game (including but not limited to): the ability to create squads prior to launching into a game, sticking with your squad when joining a game and continuing together through future games (If team balance on the server allows it), inviting friends to a squad and changing squads once in game.

2. Regarding additional Open Beta content and fixes/patches for consoles, including PlayStation 3 issues with chat and party systems.

While we would like to patch the Open Beta, DICE is currently focusing its available resources on polishing the retail game.

3. Will DICE have enough time to iron out everything by release?

Please see General Manager Karl Magnus Troedsson's blog post regarding this question.

4. Can we have ability to change settings/options before deployment into match on PC?

The ability to modify your settings via the deploy screen has been added into the retail game.

5. Issues with terrain stability and “falling into the map” on Operation Métro

This has been fixed for the beta via a server side update.

6. Kill cam sometimes zooms out too far or outside the map

This has been fixed for the launch of the retail game.

7. A bug that sometimes keeps some players from being able to sprint

8. Screen flickering/stuttering. Blue screen remains after respawn. Game locks up after deploying C4 (360)

9. Downed bodies appear to be dead, but are not

The DICE team has been looking into this issue – which is caused by a combination of incidents in a confined area - and are working hard to address the issue for the launch of the retail game.

10. Why is the hit detection seemingly different from Battlefield: Bad Company 2?

The netcode is one of the many things that we are testing as part of the Open Beta and is not necessarily reflective of the final retail game. The DICE team appreciates and has heard the feedback you’ve provided and is further optimizing online play.

Don’t forget to keep submitting your ideas and issues to the Battlelog forums. Thanks to your help and participation we’re on track to make Battlefield 3 our greatest game to date!"

skidude

Has anyone else encountered the bug where it won't let you look down the sights/scope unless you reload the weapon again?

Meh i dunno,Im not all that impressed with BF3 at the moment...Metro is just plain crap,and Caspian border is alright if you can get a Chopper or Jet otherwise your walking for miles if theres no jeep/tanks around.
I agree with you about Metro but I've been having a lot of fun with Caspian Border, and I've only used vehicles like twice. I do agree with you about the really bland class system, though.

CrazyMike

Unfortunately DICE has said they dont, thats what i read on egm anyway so may be wise to double check other sources,

Just wondering, how is this unfortunate? I know if i got a game in which i am already half way through the ranks, it would suck to know that i only have half way to go. I know it sucks that you lose everything that you have been playing around with, but really, with this game, i am glad i get to do it all over again and experience everything in a new way (when the game is out). Chances are that they are going to change things.

SuperDuperMe

Just wondering, how is this unfortunate? I know if i got a game in which i am already half way through the ranks, it would suck to know that i only have half way to go. I know it sucks that you lose everything that you have been playing around with, but really, with this game, i am glad i get to do it all over again and experience everything in a new way (when the game is out). Chances are that they are going to change things.

Im not too happy about it tbh, im loving the sv98, bipod, ballistic x12 and laser sight lol, so to have to start again is a bit of a bummer. Then again iv not played a lot so it shouldnt be too hard

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
For those who are running AMD you might want to give these drivers a try,

AMD Catalyst 11.10 Preview Driver Version 2
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/GPU122AMDCat1110PreDriverV2.aspx

offering owners of AMD/ATI GPU-based graphics cards improvements and fixes for DICE's Battlefield 3 open beta and also id Software's just-released RAGE.

Improves performance in Battlefield 3 Open Beta release for both non-Anti-Aliasing and application enabled Anti-Aliasing cases on single GPU configurations using the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 and AMD Radeon HD 5000 series of products.
Improves performance in Battlefield 3 Open Beta release for both non-Anti-Aliasing and application enabled Anti-Aliasing cases on AMD CrossFire™ configurations using the AMD Radeon HD 6000 and AMD Radeon HD 5000 series of products.

Last edited:

ScottALot

Just got a 25% off coupon for Origin... I'll definitely be using it on BFBC3

GTX 460 Hawk good for high settings?

mrjack

VIP Member
Finally found a 64 player Caspian Border server that didn't lag. I enjoyed it very much, especially when I got together with a group of people and launched an assault to take back a point.

linkin

VIP Member
Just got a 25% off coupon for Origin... I'll definitely be using it on BFBC3

GTX 460 Hawk good for high settings?

-.-

You'll need something a bit better than a 460 for 1080p I'm afraid, if you want to max it out. I could probably use another 570 or get a 580 cause I still get only 30fps in some parts :(

SuperDuperMe

-.-

You'll need something a bit better than a 460 for 1080p I'm afraid, if you want to max it out. I could probably use another 570 or get a 580 cause I still get only 30fps in some parts :(

What do you reckon an hd 5830 and a 955BE @stock would get in fps at 1366x768? And what settings?

( i have the 5830 on the way and the 955be in a couple of weeks)