Battlefield 3 Thread

linkin

VIP Member
It should, though if you can't see it, minimise all your windows, you might find that the game crashed and the message was buried underneath your other programs.

JLuchinski

WTF? I don't know what happened, but the other day something screwed up and I had to re-install BF3. Now I got a new card it is stuttering like crazy and crashing. Yay for "new" updates!!!

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not sure whats going on with the new update,Sound is now broken for me....i cant hear "Beep beep" the sound when your capturing a base in conquest.

Also there now appears to be a new bug with the tank damage/repair.....got shot the hell up by a jet so i jump out my tank,repair back to full health...get back in and it bleeps at me and smoke appears to i get back out and repair again to full health and its fine. :D

Ankur

I just installed the new update and this update is amazing.
It now makes you feel you're in a battlefield. Lots of smoke around, rockets.
Jets seem more easy now. I see the G36C has been enhanced, just a few shots and I get a kill. After this update my fav map Kharg Island is lagging though.
The jets also seem easier now, they are easier to aim with. This was my view in the Engineer kit :)

Not sure whats going on with the new update,Sound is now broken for me....i cant hear "Beep beep" the sound when your capturing a base in conquest.
Is that the "tick tock" like sound? While the base is getting captured? I can't hear it too.

Last edited:
The bolt action sniper seems inferior to the previous one, and also my mobile spawns have a habit of disappearing. As far as performance, i have never crashed yet, but the whole internet matchmaking thing a load of crap and it puts a lot of load on my pc. I have a gtx 580 and a 2500k and my computer actually get bogged down when i have everything opening and closing. The idea is just stupid. I feel like dice felt as if they had to change everything just to give it a new look. The class creation in this is hard to get to, whereas in bc2 it was very easy to just add stuff all from one screen. Also the squad system is a fail. Aside from these problems the game is a blast, and that level where you jump off the cliff is incredible.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is that the "tick tock" like sound? While the base is getting captured? I can't hear it too.

Yup,Sometimes i can hear it and sometimes not. :cool:

The latest update has caused crashing for me now aswell...be glad when this game gets fixed up so its running 100%.

Last edited:

SuperDuperMe

i just hope they buff the snipers up to what they were, on hc it should be osk. i mean the acog is for cqb, i know for a fact in cqb i cant get enough rounds off to compensate for a fully automatic using enemy.

I know a lot of people say well aim for the head, but its nice to just go balls to the wall on metro with acog and sv98 :p

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Got it for $30 from Orbit on Friday night. Gonna download it onto my desktop when I get back to my dorm.

SuperDuperMe

hmmm, sorry it didnt help dude :/ it works for me :p

Then again this patch has messed my performance right up, i used to lag on 64 player metro games now thats fine and i lag on everything else.

I couldnt even play davamand peek the other day due to horrible performance.

I am able to play now but I have a noticeable performance loss. I am about 10 fps lower on all maps than I was before and I have no idea why. Load times are far longer also.

Ankur

Which buttons do you guys use to switch to pistol when you run out of bullets?
I see lot of people kill me with a pistol mostly when they run out of bullets in close encounters.
How to see the number of hours one has spent on a particular class? I just finished 52 hours of playing as an Engineer but didn't get the "50 hours as Engineer Medal". Did anyone get a medal for being 50 hours in a particular class?

and

Just saw this, it has hovering jets. . . . naahice Back to Karkand-Gulf of Oman

[YT]emGXp-qRrVg[/YT]

Last edited:

Phy

Just saw this, it has hovering jets. . . . naahice Back to Karkand-Gulf of Oman

[YT]emGXp-qRrVg[/YT]

Love the guy on the forkilift. Everything is blowing up around them, bullets flying everywhere, then a shot of the forklift off to the side, and back to the action.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Last edited: