Battlefield 3 Thread

SuperDuperMe

lol iv give up on the mav, more trouble than its worth, just working on my sniper class trying to unlock some goodies :p

Cant wait for back to karkand!!!!

Ankur

Yeah many of my jet pilot friends are waiting when all the 64 players will be in air. I think Back to Karkand: Wake island is the map for that.
Battlefield-3-Wake-island-landing-strip-627x246.png

Ankur

Jets are terribly disappointing in BF3 :(.
Are they missing something?
Why? its fun, imagine bf3 without jets, it would be helicopters owning the sky.
It can be used to take out enemy vehicles which helps to win rounds.

SuperDuperMe

wake island wont have all jets unless theres a mod brought out like there was for bf1942, but saying that iv not heard about any mod tools for bf3 being released.

I do however hope they let us have 3, or even 4 jets per side that would be cool. But i think there just going to stick to 2.

Jets are terribly disappointing in BF3

How so, i feel that they need an armour boost against AA tanks but other than that i feel there pretty solid weapons. iv racked up 130+ kills so far in them. Thats not counting all the people that have jumped out prior to being finished off :p

Aastii

VIP Member
I would love to have just heli's. I much prefer them to the jets, to the point that for the most part, I can own a jet in a helicopter

linkin

VIP Member
I would love to have just heli's. I much prefer them to the jets, to the point that for the most part, I can own a jet in a helicopter

Me too.

Maybe they could bring back commander and call airstrikes instead of artillery, while having at least 2 and preferably 3 of each heli type just to mix things up.

SuperDuperMe

New patch is out today, and you heli pilot that own us jets :( shame on you, rarely do i go down by enemy jet fire, its usually my own stupid tricks....or heli's

SuperDuperMe

crap is what it is.

They havent sorted out the irvn, they have made jets useless against other jets, they have increased frequency of crashes(actual game crashes :p), you no longer get put into a squad you have to hide and put yourself into one at the start, they have nerfed sniper rifles (bolts i think as thats all i use) as now they are mostly 2 shot kills in hardcore, they say theyve nerfed the g3 and scar, but i havent seen anything of the sort.

Theyve messed up with this patch badly. They still havent fixed the issues with campaign cutscenes and vsync where it makes it all stuttery.

they have however made it a bit more stable once your able to start up the mp.

These are my finding anyway.

Phy

The game is actually a lot more stable for me. The g36 doesn't feel nerfed, but the scar does and bolt action stills feels mostly useless. Wish the would fix the chatbox so it didn't take up half the screen.

SuperDuperMe

I wish the game would save my damn settings, video/sound/camo/items included.

you have to play 2 matches straight out for it to save weapon attachment set ups etc. This always works for me, just means if your on a crap server your stuck with it.

PohTayToez

New patch is out today, and you heli pilot that own us jets :( shame on you, rarely do i go down by enemy jet fire, its usually my own stupid tricks....or heli's

I'm confused, in the XBox version it's the jet pilots that own the helis. They get flares that recharge faster, and worst part is that a lot of people have taken to ramming the helis with the jets. It knocks the heli sideways which sends it straight into the ground and doesn't even kill the jet.

linkin

VIP Member
The patch isn't out on consoles yet.

In the patch the knockback in heli's is gone, rockets do more damage and are more accurate, mobile AA does more damage (against infantry... which is bloody stupid) and the game crashes like nothing before it.

SuperDuperMe

i havent been able toplay for more than 5-10mins tonight at all, its so frustrating, the sniper nerf has don e my head right in, im trying to unlock a new sniper and its taking forever as the sv98 is now useless at anything other than super long range.

just a noob

I remember patches on BF:BC2, it seemed like every patch they would screw with the drop rate, and damage of every weapon...

I cant even play the game now. When I click join a server, nothing happens. Tried restarting and even waiting a few hours. This is gonna drive me up a wall.