Battlefield 3 Thread

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
The lighting and graphics in BF3 looks amazing,Although is it just me or just by looking at that trailer the games looks more like Medal Of Honour than a Battlefield game?

Aastii

VIP Member
The lighting and graphics in BF3 looks amazing,Although is it just me or just by looking at that trailer the games looks more like Medal Of Honour than a Battlefield game?

From the latest trailer, no, I think it looks like it could be the best game DICE have done since BF2. imo, BC2 wasn't that good, and by fact, MOH was a complete fail. What I love about it is watch most other game trailers and it is all xbox or PS3. I was so giddy when the wasd keys came up :p :D

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
From the latest trailer, no, I think it looks like it could be the best game DICE have done since BF2. imo, BC2 wasn't that good, and by fact, MOH was a complete fail. What I love about it is watch most other game trailers and it is all xbox or PS3. I was so giddy when the wasd keys came up :p :D

Well the lead platform is PC, so finally a game to show console players the TRUE awesomeness of DICE. This game will blow the Bad Company series away.

Last edited:

ellanky

Then again they're just showcasing the single player campaign

Aastii

VIP Member
Well the lead platform is PC, so finally a game to show console players the TRUE awesomeness of DICE. This game will play the Bad Company series away.

That is my point, the fact that it has PC as the main focus point makes me weak at the knees :p

Dystopia

@Drop
Well if they stick to the actual game it SHOULD easily be different. One thing I loved about BF2 is it forced people to listen to squad and work as a team. COD/BC2 you just run around like a retard and nade spam. COD would have more love if they limited the nade perks etc and allowed for 2-3 times larger maps. Lets not forget to fix the horrible spawn points too :p

you forgot the idiots running around rox (BC2) spam. I still love BC2 though

SuperDuperMe

i didnt like the new trailer, the graphics didnt look as good as they have in other episodes :/

still cant wait for the game though

Machin3

I got a closer look at one of the trailers today, and I'm not gonna lie, I didn't like seeing that the hud was too similar to Medal of Honor's hud. I mean its not exact but the overall style and color are the same and I think, only imo, that's a big turnoff for the game.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
I got a closer look at one of the trailers today, and I'm not gonna lie, I didn't like seeing that the hud was too similar to Medal of Honor's hud. I mean its not exact but the overall style and color are the same and I think, only imo, that's a big turnoff for the game.

You'll hopefully be able to change the color of it, as BF games are usually very customizable. But what about the style of it don't you like?

Aastii

VIP Member

Both games were made by DICE though, so it isn't all that surprising that they are sticking to what they already have done. I don't mind it, but would change the compass. I would rather have it central and would rather have it as a proper compass.

If you ever played project reality, like that where north was marked and was 0, east was 90, south 180, west 270 and NW, NE, SW, SE were in between at the mid points, and you had markers on there. I don't mind this clightly "futuristic" look, but of the 3 series (CoD, BF, MoH) BF was always the more realistic one, because it wasn't about running and gunning and 1-man-armying, if you worked as a team in squad-based combat, you always stood a much better chance of winning, and it is the little touches like the compass that make the difference to me

Last edited:

Machin3

You'll hopefully be able to change the color of it, as BF games are usually very customizable. But what about the style of it don't you like?

No its not that I don't like it, its just that I wished they changed it up for each game so its not all the same or similar.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
I don't mind this clightly "futuristic" look, but of the 3 series (CoD, BF, MoH) CoD was always the more realistic one, because it wasn't about running and gunning and 1-man-armying, if you worked as a team in squad-based combat, you always stood a much better chance of winning, and it is the little touches like the compass that make the difference to me

I hope you meant BF is the more realistic one...

No its not that I don't like it, its just that I wished they changed it up for each game so its not all the same or similar.

Ah I see, well I never played MoH so I wouldn't know.

Dystopia

Both games were made by DICE though, so it isn't all that surprising that they are sticking to what they already have done. I don't mind it, but would change the compass. I would rather have it central and would rather have it as a proper compass.

If you ever played project reality, like that where north was marked and was 0, east was 90, south 180, west 270 and NW, NE, SW, SE were in between at the mid points, and you had markers on there. I don't mind this clightly "futuristic" look, but of the 3 series (CoD, BF, MoH) CoD was always the more realistic one, because it wasn't about running and gunning and 1-man-armying, if you worked as a team in squad-based combat, you always stood a much better chance of winning, and it is the little touches like the compass that make the difference to me

But...that is what you do in CoD, run and gun. BO, anyway. BC2 on the other hand, there is no such thing as running gunning...you try that and it turns into running and dying :p

Aastii

VIP Member
Was just looking over the Weapons & vehicles that they say will be in BF3 here...
http://bf3blog.com/2011/01/bf3-weapons-and-bf3-vehicles-pages-online/

Is it me or are all of those weapons already in BC2?....
Id love to see an AK-47 or Kalashnikov in there.

However on the chopper page that Kamrov KA-60 chopper looks like it will be handy for transporting teammates around,I loved doing that in Warrock.

Same thing :p

And it isn't all that surprising there aren't any new weapons, after all it is a modern warfare game, and weapons haven't changed a whole lot since BC2