Battlefield 3 Thread

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah but come on,Theres way way more weapons out there than what they have put on that list so far,Maybe they will shock us and there will be alot of newer/diffrent weapons in the final game...i hope so.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I dont think theyre gonna tell us what exactly we will see in the game until it comes out :/
I hope theres jets,I REALLY REALLY hope the controls for them are not like BF2 though i could never fly the damn thing. :D

Dystopia

Lol, every single gun is from BC2 :p

I want someone to make a futuristic warfare game, that is just like the BF games. Crysis does NOT count.

Aastii

VIP Member
But...that is what you do in CoD, run and gun. BO, anyway. BC2 on the other hand, there is no such thing as running gunning...you try that and it turns into running and dying :p

I meant BF lol, you try running and gunning in any BF game and see how far it gets you...

For the weapons thing, it is all guesswork on that link, and they don't seem to have anything to back it up either...

SuperDuperMe

do you think the jets will deifnastely make an appearence, i read on their site today that they would but then again they did promise us bf 1943, that never turned up :/

i think i shall remain pessimistic untill release :p

Machin3

do you think the jets will deifnastely make an appearence, i read on their site today that they would but then again they did promise us bf 1943, that never turned up :/

i think i shall remain pessimistic untill release :p

There should be jest in the game because I remember reading that its going to have jets. It would be disappointing if they didn't have them.

SuperDuperMe

yeah i saw jets in one of the trailers and they look really good, its like abrief 2 seconds, but if its actual gameplay footage it looks sweet

russb

I get my pre-ordered copy from Amazon between Nov 7th and 9th,long wait
hope it's not going to be a big disappointment like BLOPS was.

linkin

VIP Member
I get my pre-ordered copy from Amazon between Nov 7th and 9th,long wait
hope it's not going to be a big disappointment like BLOPS was.

I made the mistake of pre-ordering MoH and Crysis 2. That's two lots of $70 I've forked out for games I don't want to play anymore. I'm not taking any chances this time. I'll wait at least a week after release before I even think about buying it.

If it has regenerating health in MP, it can go die in a fire. We can thank CoD for that lovely feature :mad:

russb

I had pre-ordered Homefront and then cancelled when i saw Steam was dealing with it,i'm glad i did.

SuperDuperMe

its actually really good, when it works :/

the fps issue has been resolved, but the servers (on my comp anyway) seize up and everyone run into walls and just stays there and im left ona map on my own

if they fix it ill play it again

but like i said when it works it is pretty good

Bacon

Got bored and made this:

shopo.png

Anyone hear anything new about this awesome game?

linkin

VIP Member
Nothing yet. Still waiting. Hasn't been any news in over a month since the full 12 minute trailer was released.

russb

How do you know it's an awesome game as you put after watching only 12 minutes of the trailer.You people make me laugh (with statements like that)which is a good thing as i need cheering up.How many people said what an
awesome game MW2 and Homefront were and now look at them,hardly anybody plays them.I'm sorry no disrespect intended it's just that i'm in such a shit mood i thought i would have a moan.

Pocket

How do you know it's an awesome game as you put after watching only 12 minutes of the trailer.You people make me laugh (with statements like that)which is a good thing as i need cheering up.How many people said what an
awesome game MW2 and Homefront were and now look at them,hardly anybody plays them.I'm sorry no disrespect intended it's just that i'm in such a shit mood i thought i would have a moan.

People who played the real battlefield games (PC Exclusive versions), know how epic they are. Knowing that BF3 is a sequel to BF2, with PC as it's lead platform, and 5 years in the making with a new engine written from scratch specifically for this game...

It's kinda a given it's going to be amazing. A lot of people have been waiting for this game since 2005, and we doubt it will disappoint anyone.

Aastii

VIP Member
People who played the real battlefield games (PC Exclusive versions), know how epic they are. Knowing that BF3 is a sequel to BF2, with PC as it's lead platform, and 5 years in the making with a new engine written from scratch specifically for this game...

It's kinda a given it's going to be amazing. A lot of people have been waiting for this game since 2005, and we doubt it will disappoint anyone.

You are right, BF2 was an outstanding game, and that is a huge understatement. That doesn't mean BF3 will be, and if anything, going by the recent trend of FPS games, it won't be, and going by the recent trend of DICE, it won't be. Look at the new MOH when DICE got a hold of multiplayer, and then compare it to your older ones.

That main positive here is, as you say, it is designed for PC, and then ported to consoles, the way it should be. Get the best quality on all, rather than good quality for some, and awful for the rest.

And since when has an engine made a game good? It can provide the features, but those are only as good as the programmer implementing them.