Best Browser

jetsmell

I'm using Firefox and would like another browser in addition to that one. What's the best browser to date ?
I don't know if it makes a difference but I use the computer primarily for gaming and sometimes while gaming I'm on the internet. I have Windows 10. Thanks in advance.

Geoff

VIP Member
Chrome is a great browser, but it is a resource hog and depends how much you like/hate Google.

Darren

Staff member
Anything but Edge really..
I use Edge for Netflix because it actually gives me 1080p while Chrome and Firefox don't. (at least last I checked).

It's actually pretty snappy, but I've sold too much of my soul to Google to escape Chrome.

Geoff

VIP Member
Netscape forever

Welcome_to_Netscape.gif

Why do people like Chrome so much? Its SUCH a resource hog in my experience.

Its simplicity, Chrome has never failed me once to view whatever web content I desire. Also imo google has the best search engine, truth is its been years since I have even tried a different search engine, I tried many, in fact around 10 to 15 years ago I was working for a web design company as a HTML / PHP / CSS hand coder, so I tired many different browsers, come to think back then IE was the strong hold and most important for compatibility, all browsers have moved on since then I guess but around that time IE was my first and only choice in fact I used to hate other browsers as a web designer and wish nothing else even existed, but I doubt web designers of today share the same issues we had to face back then with cross browser compatibility, have been out the web design industry now for many many years, lol thinking back how much back then I hated AOL especially, cursed its browsers very existence from a designer perspective.

But back onto modern day Chrome, am an Android Phone user, so crome give me via my google account all the contacts, favourites and cross features I need, linking google account to Chrome for anyone who relies on there google account as much as I do then there really is no other option, I guess for anyone not using or so dependent on there google account Chrome may not be so 100% essential there really is no other choice, but Chrome is simple and convenient for my liking for this not to bother me at all.

Is it having a huge impact on resource power within my PC? could not even tell you how much power its taking, my PC handles it with ease, pages load for me near instantly nothing is dragging when chrome is running, so is it really a resource hog? don't know don't care for chrome to give me the ease of use fast time loading access that it does, I don't care if its using my PC's resources to achieve this let it use all it likes that's why the power is there to be used, and since nothing else seems to be lacking because of it, why care if your PC can handle it.

Modern IE or Edge as they want to call it I think has turned to shit, I don't like the icon structure, the layout to me seems off, could be cause I am so used to chrome and happy with it that I don't see the need to go though whatever features Edge may offer me, or how I might be able to customise it to my liking, does not seem like its worth a second of my time to learn or try to customise, since if I where to learn to customise it I would want it to function exactly like chrome, Icon feature wise so what the point?

As for FireFox I can see why Firefox would be a good choice for many people who require add-ons, its add-on customisation ability is second to non-other I have personally seen recently, I myself have it installed as a second browser and use it to download music from YT sometimes, to save as MP3 add to my MP3 player to listen to in the car, for me personally that single task is the only time I ever use Firefox, but for everything else Chrome handles all my needs from a browser, and I would not Firefox over chrome for everyday use, for me Firefox is simply a download app for music nothing more, but if you have a specific purpose for Firefox or an app that is available with Firefox then that maybe a better choice, but personally I would Recommend using Firefox only when wanting the use of whatever given app you wish to use, and the rest of the time, especially for google account uses, just use Chrome for simplicity.

Last edited:

Agent Smith

You may be interested in Pale Moon if you use Firefox. Firefox is going to shit and will be utter shit by mid Summer.

mistersprinkles

Can PM take the add-ons and extensions for FF?

Why is PM better?

Irrelevant. Use Chrome. Resistance is futile.

7a8e0ce6304f686261bc55b44acc5242.jpg

What Firefox and derivative users think of their browser:

250px-FoxGirl.png

What their browser actually is:

2675685608_83931618ee.jpg

BTW don't do a Google Image Search for "Dead Fox" or "Roadkill Fox" it's not pretty...

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Can PM take the add-ons and extensions for FF?

Why is PM better?
Some firefox extensions will work with Pale Moon while others won't. You really need to go to Pale Moons site to get addons or do it from within the browser. However, Pale Moon has really gone downhill the last couple years especially with flash player. I haven't tried lately though since its been updated a few times the last couple months.