Best Browser ?

Pc_Pimp

Whats the best internet browser/most protective against virsus's and spyware and stuff like that?

ChrisDVD

heard about that too, but does it make internet slower? i feel like having it, but i am not sure yet.
Chris

StrangleHold

Staff member
ChrisDVD said:
heard about that too, but does it make internet slower? i feel like having it, but i am not sure yet.
Chris

Install it and give it a try, you dont have to make it your default browser. I have IE,Firefox and Opera, use each one, makes life less boring! Opera is like your girl freind, Firefox is your best freind, IE is like going out on a wild night on the town, no telling what will happen! Ha

Last edited:

Rip_Uk

ChrisDVD said:
Chris

Firefox is faster than IE, more secure, blocks most popups unlike IE and in my opinion easier to use. I like the way you can have different sites open on tabs instead of the "Open In New Window" on IE.

m0nk3ys1ms

StrangleHold said:
Install it and give it a try, you dont have to make it your default browser. I have IE,Firefox and Opera, use each one, makes life less boring! Opera is like your girl freind, Firefox is your best freind, IE is like going out on a wild night on the town, no telling what will happen! Ha

like the way you described that, lol:D

SC7

Firefox isn't the most secure. In theory, the most secure would be a text based browser, but for all common purposes, it still isn't. Opera is more secure, and I do not like Opera, I use FF, but allow me to explain. Firefox is popular these days, so more and more bad people are starting to use it, and finding vulnerabilities, and there are a number of exploits out there for firefox, however, there are less than IE, and they are usually patched as soon as they are found. Opera, on the other hand, has had less exploits, becaue it's not such a center of attention, and while there may be just as many or more holes, people haven't found them yet, and you can safely browse without worrying about them being exploited. Am I saying Opera is more secure than FF, no. I believe FF is more well designed security wise, and overall (I don't like opera that much), to be a better browser, but with popularity it gets more exploited. I'd need to see source code to determine which browser is truely more secure, and Opera is closed source anyhow. So, bottom line, Opera is more secure due to it's less popularity. That doesn't mean there are 0 exploits out for it, however.

mrjack

VIP Member
Firefox, until it gets PMS. Like it did for me, is a real bitch when I try to download or go to the options. It just shuts down and tells me nothings wrong. :D

SC7

mrjack said:
Firefox, until it gets PMS. Like it did for me, is a real bitch when I try to download or go to the options. It just shuts down and tells me nothings wrong. :D
Perhaps you visited the wrong site and one of the vulnerabilities caused your system to get exploited?

mrjack

VIP Member
Only sites I visit is CF, CTRL+ALT+DEL, VGCATS and some comic forums. Oh and a Finnish computer magazines homepage.

SC7

mrjack said:
Only sites I visit is CF, CTRL+ALT+DEL, VGCATS and some comic forums. Oh and a Finnish computer magazines homepage.
So you've never googled and hit a link that turns out to be bad? I've seen similar download related problems before though, where there's negative signs involved in measurements and all, always FF related. Tell me, when you re-installed, did you uninstall, delete the Program Files directory, delete the registry, then re-install? If not you should try it like that.

I personally use Opera because I like how you can manuever with it using mouse gestures, like pressing the right, the left, mouse buttons quickly is the same as pressing the "back" button. if you press and hole the right mouse button while you move the cursor down, it opens a new window, etc. Opera also advertises that they are the "fastest browser on earth."

Yasu

I use Opera now(curse you FF for not working on my PC!). It's much better than using IE.