Best Browser ?

SC7

I couldn't figure out the mouse gestures, so I personally gave it up. I wasn't a big fan of the UI, too much for a web browser. I use FF, I just browse carefully. Opera does have the most advanced layout engine for Windows, it almost passes the ACID test. But when it's all said and done, I think Opera is a little slower too.

User#458

Seriously, I was just wondering, IE is so crap, does anyone in the entire world actually use it anymore?

matt12685848

Try not to double post, there is an edit button... Anyway I still use Internet Explorer, and I really never bothered to switch to firefox.

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
User#458 said:
Switch - it's much better - and I forgot about the edit button, I've literally only just joined.
welcome to the forum, your over generalizing though, firefox may have the dge over IE on page rendering times, simplicity and IMO looks, but what if you are using active folders or certain windows update features, some of which are 100% NOT compatible with firefox, if IE wasnt here you would be screwed

dragon

matt12685848

dragon2309 said:
firefox may have the dge over IE on page rendering times, simplicity and IMO looks
Hmm, page rendering times... Im gonna download ff now!
EDIT:
Got firefox, looks nice, i just have it on the default security. Anything i should change?

Last edited:

SC7

dragon2309 said:
welcome to the forum, your over generalizing though, firefox may have the dge over IE on page rendering times, simplicity and IMO looks, but what if you are using active folders or certain windows update features, some of which are 100% NOT compatible with firefox, if IE wasnt here you would be screwed

dragon
And there are some sites which are designed only for the Mass market share. IMO, to me, anyone who makes a site that isn't compatable with anything besides IE, the content isn't worth my viewing.

Cole_ie

Firefox without a doubt. Although the IE engine is faster, it isnt worth using. I would delete it if it didnt screw up windows.

Arm_Pit3

dragon2309 said:
welcome to the forum, your over generalizing though, firefox may have the dge over IE on page rendering times, simplicity and IMO looks, but what if you are using active folders or certain windows update features, some of which are 100% NOT compatible with firefox, if IE wasn't here you would be screwed

dragon
Thats not true, because if IE didn't exist then nothing would be made for IE, so it would have to be compatible with at least one of the other major Internet browsers such as fire fox.

SC7

FF isn't that good on slower connections. Jp, what specifically didn't you like? I originally keept going back to IE, but after once forcing myself on FF, I can't stand to use IE again. Maybe v.7 will change that. The worst browser I think I've ever used is Safari on OS X. I still don't see what is so good about that os...

i have rogers yahoo internet browser i liek it alot more than fire fox wich is great but my rogers yahoo is awsome i say it signs into ur email when u sign in gibve u instant axes to ur rogers buillings and account information and has all the nice percs that fire fox has

jp198780

SC7 said:
FF isn't that good on slower connections. Jp, what specifically didn't you like? I originally keept going back to IE, but after once forcing myself on FF, I can't stand to use IE again. Maybe v.7 will change that. The worst browser I think I've ever used is Safari on OS X. I still don't see what is so good about that os...

i dont know lol, i just downloaded it, didnt take notice on what it was.