Best Computer Quote

Kboy

Does anyone have a great computer related quote? I'd be interested in reading a few of them, and maybe using them if I like them. Anyway, post one if you got it.

SFR

Truth fears no questions
There are two major products that came out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We do not believe this to be a coincidence. ~Jeremy S. Anderson

Don't explain computers to laymen. Simpler to explain sex to a virgin. ~Robert A. Heinlein

If you find yourself thinking of normal everyday objects as if they are somehow computer related, then you must seek help immediately. This is a sure sign that your life is becoming computer dominated.

and my signature.....

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
red onion said:
All you base are belong to us.
that's not a computer quote, it's Engrish :p.

Heres a few :)
Looking at the proliferation of personal web pages on the net, it looks like very soon everyone on earth will have 15 Megabytes of fame. ~M.G. Siriam

Computers have lots of memory but no imagination.

Hardware: the parts of a computer that can be kicked. ~Jeff Pesis

The problem with troubleshooting is that trouble shoots back.

Home computers are being called upon to perform many new functions, including the consumption of homework formerly eaten by the dog. ~Doug Larson

p4r4s1t3

"Computer games don't affect us as kids. If pacman had, we would all be running round in dark rooms munching pills with repetitive music on."

ZER0X

VIP Member
LOL these quotes are funny^^^^^^^^^^^^^

and mine are quite funny aswell

SUPERCOMPUTER: what it sounded like before you bought it

A computer is like an Old Testament god, with a lot of rules and no mercy

Real men don't use backups, they post their stuff on a public ftp server and let the rest of the world make copies

A computer's attention span is only as long as its power cord

The problem with computers is they do what you tell them

Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver error

:D

Bobo

banned
"Men are from Mars. Women are from Venus. Computers are from hell."

"Computer /nm./: a device designed to speed and automate errors."

"If it's really a supercomputer, how come the bullets don't bounce off when I shoot it ?"

"RAM /abr./: Rarely Adequate Memory."

"The computer allows you to make mistakes faster than any other invention, with the possible exception of handguns and tequila."

"There is nothing that a kick in the balls or a pressure on reset won't solve."

"A printer consists of three main parts: the case, the jammed paper tray and the blinking red light"

"Reading computer manuals without the hardware is as frustrating as reading sex manuals without the software."

"Computers make it easier to do a lot of things, but most of the things they make it easier to do don't need to be done."

"Why would anyone ever turn off their computer ?

• During the winter my computer doubles as an extra radiator.
  • Cooling fans generate white noise, which helps me get to sleep.
  • Who has time for boot sequences?
  • As long as the computer is running, it's not broken.
  • Computer doubles as a power failure notification device.
  • Can claim CPU cycles donated to SETI@home, folding@home et al, as charitable donations on my income taxes.
  • Somebody might say something important on IRC.
  • Too difficult to find power switch with eye crust.
  • When computer is off, it is no longer protected by the firewall."
"Dating a girl is just like writing software. Everythings going to work just fine in the testing lab (dating), but as soon as you have contract with a customer (marriage), then your program (life) is going to be facing new situations you never expected. You'll be forced to patch the code (admit you're wrong) and then the code (wife) will just end up all bloated and unmaintainable in the end."

"Program /n./
1. A magic spell cast over a computer allowing it to turn one's input into error messages.
2. An exercise in experimental epistemology.
3. A form of art, ostensibly intended for the instruction of computers, which is nevertheless almost inevitably a failure if other programmers can't understand it."

"Programmer /n./ A red-eyed, mumbling mammal capable of conversing with inanimate objects."

Wow, that's long

Bobo

banned
Found a few more:

Users /nm./: collective term for those who use computers. Users are divided into three types: novice, intermediate and expert.
Novice Users: people who are afraid that simply pressing a key might break their computer.
Intermediate Users: people who don't know how to fix their computer after they've just pressed a key that broke it.
Expert Users: people who break other people's computers.

windows_settings.png
"Q: How many Ms programmers does it take to change a light bulb ?
A: 2,304. One to write WinCheckLightBulbStatus, one to write WinGripLightBulb..."​
"Q: How many Bill Gates does it take to change a lightbulb ?
A: None, he just defines Darkness™ as the new industry standard..."​
"A Windows user spends 1/3 of his life sleeping, 1/3 working, 1/3 waiting."

Bobo

banned
Cromewell said:
Programmer - an organism that turns coffee into software.

Mine is better:p:

"Programmer /n./ A red-eyed, mumbling mammal capable of conversing with inanimate objects."

heeheehee