Best free anti/virus software

deja

I use Norton Internet secyrity 2011 18.05. it is better than version 18.01. because in this version fix a lot bugoba 18.05 from the previous version, and I would like to use Avira but it does not allow me to install.

chamgamer

I will stick also in avira, the only thing that annoys me is the petite sound when it detects a virus. however it terms of free anti virus software and functionality avira is won.

dellxps420

banned
woow this post is still running lol forgot about it! Yeh avira is the one for me ive been using for some time but i dont use my pc much know mainly on the laptop :) well the only thing i hate is that you have to update it yourself i quite like the sounds lol

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
The McAfee enterprise + McAfee antispyware update is DEFINETELY THE BEST,but it's not free unforcenately.It costs...now watch this...7000 dollars lol.

Rit

Oh man you opened up a can of worms on this topic :p JK... pretty much what has been listed works well and there really isn't one that is "better" than the other. For me I've been using AVG and I'm familiar with it, so I'm just going to stick with it. But of course no one program covers everything. So I also use Malwarebytes and Spybot Search and Destroy.

chamgamer

You should try also the EWIDO spyware, but it's concentrated by means of it deletes the whole file like if the virus attached in the registry file i will also delete the registry file :(.

DarthBrownie

I use Norton Internet secyrity 2011 18.05. it is better than version 18.01. because in this version fix a lot bugoba 18.05 from the previous version, and I would like to use Avira but it does not allow me to install.

That's because Norton is messing up your installation files for Avira. Either uninstall Norton and delete it's registry or close it when you install Avira.

FrillyBits

Caution, what's in a name

SOrry I just battles the antivira av virus.
I destroyed it, but I'm confused, is antivira the same as avira?

No, they are not the same.
:good: Avira is a well respected AV

:gun: AntiVira AV is a nasty piece of trash

My security setup is simple, Microsoft Security Essentials and Comodo Firewall with Defense+ (HIPS)
No nasties so far and requires almost no effort from me ;)

Zett_Jukassa

Well, Probably the best two are AVG and Avast. I used to use AVG, but switched because it was slowing down my computer and having all these errors. also, avast lets you set a screen saver where it does a scan, which is a feature I like. you can download multiple anti-viruses, but I wouldn't suggest that because it can slow down your computer a lot. I would recommend using Avast antivirus free edition coupled with Malwarebytes, this adds to Avast without really slowing down your computer, and makes it basically as good as paid antiviruses.