• Sony Playstation 2

Votes: 44 47.3%
  • X-Box

Votes: 38 40.9%
  • Ninetendo Gamecube

Votes: 11 11.8%

• Total voters

Pyotr

I've got a PSX, PS2, XB and some old Nintendo 16-bit at home. I've also played on SEGA machines. As long as the games are good, the console doesn't matter.

ZER0X

VIP Member
Pyotr said:
I've got a PSX, PS2, XB and some old Nintendo 16-bit at home. I've also played on SEGA machines. As long as the games are good, the console doesn't matter.

I guess your right :) I like heaps of games on PS2 XB etc and there good, so it really doesnt matter about the console ;)

Super_Nova

It's Ironic that the new X-box is basically a more powerful gamecube :) Right now the gamecube uses a PowerPC processor and an ATI graphics chip and the X-box uses a Pentium III and an Nvidia graphics chip. The new X-box will have a PowerPC processor and an ATI graphics chip. Wonder how long it will be until someone makes a gamecube emulator for the new x-box since they will be so close in hardware. I personally think sony makes the worst hardware out of the 3. It's always been underpowered, even the original PSX was a clunky slow machine. I just didn't like it.

aqsg72

<b>VIP Member</b>
All 3 consoles have their own merits. Probably mentioned before, but PS2 has a wide catalogue of titles, a few excellent exclusives, but is technically lacking. XBOX has a mostly similar catalogue of titles to PS2, obviously less, and its own exclusives like Halo and Project Gotham Racing. GameCube has less games than both, but because Nintendo has a productive in-house teams you get a lot more exclusives, from Zelda to Metroid Prime. In the end you can't go wrong with any of them.

Having said that, I only own a PS2 (with a mind to get an XBOX for Halo 2 ;) so I voted that way :eek:

smadge

personally im fine with my ps1. it may not have the best graphics but its games are fun and hey, its games are like $10 a peice. compare that to $50games of all the others. it might be nice to have a better console though. out of those i think they all are about equal, really.

cykx

PS2 = Largest game collection as it plays PS1 cds also and has built in DVD player. No built in Harddrive or modem.

XBOX = Pwns ps2's graphics quite abit, some tittles look exactly the same on both PS2 and XBOX, others have huge differences, No built in DVD player, needs a controler. Option to install a bigger hard drive, run apps on it. There is a sorta hakced program made for running stufff on your XBOX and you can install windows on it. You can play some games with your music since you can record music into it, WMP anyone ?

GameCube = Mostly kid games. Brilliant graphics. But by being creative and trying to stop product piracy they are at a loss since theyre optical discs only hold 1 gb i believe it isl. No audio cd, no dvd. Not many titles AT ALL.

Dreamcast = Good idea, wrong execution. Besides it, anything sega should go to hell.

PC = PWNS All 3 consoles since we can upgrade :) , Theyre is a console in the works that is going to play PC games but I see alot of problems with its development since some old games dont run properly on high processors, most new games have very high requirements. I also see a very big price tag. Do a google search for Discovery Console to check it out, I lost the url :D oops.

ZER0X

VIP Member
XBOX = Pwns ps2's graphics quite abit, some tittles look exactly the same on both PS2 and XBOX, others have huge differences, No built in DVD player, needs a controler

I dont get wot you mean about that because XBOX can play dvd's and all of xbox games are in DVD Format ?!?!? I'm confused

aqsg72

<b>VIP Member</b>
I think he means you can't play dvds out of the box (without a mod) without a remote control.

cykx said:
GameCube = Mostly kid games. Brilliant graphics. But by being creative and trying to stop product piracy they are at a loss since theyre optical discs only hold 1 gb i believe it isl. No audio cd, no dvd. Not many titles AT ALL.

You make a good point here about piracy, but I think its a sad state of play when a console with such quality titles (if they were aimed at 'kids', the games would not receive critical acclaim) is labelled as 'one for the kids'. I would add that many of the games are developed for children, but that doesn't make them in any way unsuitable for 'grown ups'.

cykx

Yeah it plays DVD's.....when you go buy the Remote Control which costs $35 USD here in Puerto Rico. So it is a DVD player but the DVD features arent built in. Also about the GC. Yes the games are suitable for adults, some are very fun and addictive but, Im into Fisrt Person Shooters. The few GC titles that are FPS dont feature realistic weapons or they do but I dont like them, James Bond anyone?

aqsg72

<b>VIP Member</b>
True, there are very few FPS's on GC, only one i can think of is Metroid Prime (sure there are things like TimeSplitters 2 I think, but they are thin on the ground). I don't really care for FPS games on consoles though, I really can't stand the control pads for them, though I make exceptions for the exceptional ones :D.

cykx

Hell no, Id give up my mouse and keyboard in a heart beat for a PS2 controller for my pc. Id pwn so bad in any FPS game. Since Ive been playing on PS1 and PS2 since they came out, Im very good with those pads. Id be headshot Tom.

ZER0X

VIP Member
Metroid Prime has sweet graphics for the GC....and plus the game is fun as

Hell no, Id give up my mouse and keyboard in a heart beat for a PS2 controller for my pc. Id pwn so bad in any FPS game. Since Ive been playing on PS1 and PS2 since they came out, Im very good with those pads. Id be headshot Tom.

Theres no way i'd give up my keyboard and mouse for a PS2 Controller, although using a simple controll is easier because it's right there in the palms of your hands....i'd prefer an xbox one though instead of PS.

robina_80

dont forget xbox its not really a console its a god damn pc in a little box with X not a console attall
just bill gates gets more revenue/comission gready BASTARD

Last edited:

aqsg72

<b>VIP Member</b>
robina_80 said:
dont forget xbox its not really a console its a god damn pc in a little box with X not a console attall

I must admit, the likenesses and functional similarities between the two are endless :confused:

andyobmonkey

i have a cube, ps2 and xbox, and i have to say that at the moment xbox have the market basically to themselves, when a multi-format game comes out and i have the choice of which console to buy it on (e.g. Burnout 3) i always pick xbox because i know that the graphics will be better and you can put your own custom soundtrancks onto your games, xbox rules!!

robina_80

i give up acourse its good!!! what else do you expect from a console designed by microsoft with an intel CPU and a nvidia GRAPHICS CARD

Last edited:

4W4K3

VIP Member
robina_80 said:
i give up acourse its good!!! what else do you expect from a console designed by microsoft with an intel CPU and a nvidia GRAPHICS CARD

what's weird is the processor is pretty slow compared to a real computer, and the gfx ard isn't the best either. amazing how it will play so well with such low specs. (compared to a computer)

ZER0X

VIP Member
4W4K3 said:
what's weird is the processor is pretty slow compared to a real computer, and the gfx ard isn't the best either. amazing how it will play so well with such low specs. (compared to a computer)

It's because they make XBOX games for those exact requirements :)

hollis098

ian said:
What do you think is the best gaming console.
I was a die hard Playstation supporter. Playstation 1 really had the market captured in the last generation.
Bill Gates looks serious about his intentions for the X-Box.
Looks like it is a battle between sony and microsoft.
Havent heard much about the nintendo gamecube.
Have I left any out in the poll?

I like the Game Cube because of the little disks it uses, not only that but i can hook up my game boy and play extra little games as well. :D