• X-Box

Votes: 38 40.9%
  • Ninetendo Gamecube

Votes: 11 11.8%

• Total voters

ian

Administrator
Staff member
What do you think is the best gaming console.
I was a die hard Playstation supporter. Playstation 1 really had the market captured in the last generation.
Bill Gates looks serious about his intentions for the X-Box.
Looks like it is a battle between sony and microsoft.
Havent heard much about the nintendo gamecube.
Have I left any out in the poll?

zkiller

<b>VIP Member</b>
mario party on gamequeb is a great party game! :)

x-box is fun, but a lot of the best games aren't out for it.

PS2, has some really good games due to the wide range of supporters.

personally, i preffer playing games on my PC. max payne 2 was awesome!!! :)

Christopher

VIP Member
I've got both PS2 and XB, and I must say I love the XB so much better. PS2 is good, a huge selection of games which is the best selling point IMO. But XB has good games, great graphics and outstanding online play. Most of the big titles are becoming cross platform so I always get the XB game in that case.

well if your looking at which one will last the longest, xbox of course. 900mhz cpu vs. a 300mhz cpu. nintendo always gets muscled out is always in 2nd place...dont know why but its prolly just their luck. (BTW gamecube has a 450 mhz cpu) Gamecube is the worst IMO because it doesnt have the third party software company's behind them, and also their hardware isnt that impressive (even though they were smart in putting a ATI videocard in there). where gamecube most lacked was in the fact they didnt put 5.1 surround sound support in there. ps2 had the optical sound and xbox went overboard with its sound (i believe they went with 6.1 surround but im not sure). my generation of gamers believe its "stupid" to put surround sound in a console but, my generation is not the main gaming generation anymore. better audio quality is becoming a must with newer games. its getting to the point that stunning visual effects are very common in videogames and not enough focus on gameplay is there anymore. mediocre audio can kill a games rating now. the playstation 3 will come out before the difference in processors will start to show too drastically, and the xbox2 will be nothing but a smaller version of the xbox1. honestly sony was very smart in marketing their system, and they will be the ones that will make out like bandits...even though they have the world record for the biggest console launch, they still lost money from it for producing the system and selling it at that price at the time. xbox is looking to muscle them out with a beefy system, but unless the games are there, they dont have a prayer. ps2 gets my vote, and i cant wait for ps3 to launch!

ssj4nickeli

ps2 and game cube all the way!!!!!!! sorry x box but billy can bite some....dam you billy and your software snatching hands!

Christopher

VIP Member
Most people are automatically bias against XB simply because its made by Microsoft. Put a Sony name on it and it'd be a different story.

If your serious about gaming, then the name means little other then a rep. As long as the quality and the games are there, I'm sold.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I dont know why people are so against Bill Gates and Microsoft. I reckon it is just the tall poppy syndrome. I reckon he is great, does the fact that he gives a lot to charity and has plans to leave the bulk of his fortune to charity count for nothing?

Christopher

VIP Member
I was reading on Slashdot about a new XB coming as soon as next year to beat out the PS3 hype in 2006. Apparently, they're lowering the XB price to $99 (from $179 I think) then releasing it.

Rick G

Has anyone tried a program called BLEEM, it's an emulator that lets you play Playstation games on yout PC?
Gave all my gaming gear to my kids.

Christopher

VIP Member
Yeah, but I can never find any PS roms. Can you just use the CD ISO's? Never really looked into it.

And wasn't bleem shut down by Sony?

se7en

I've always been a Nintendo/Playstation person.
PS2 is my favorite...
The only thing Xbox is worth, is Halo. And thats not even very great, unless you have a nice HD TV.

Lord Kalthorn

The X-Box not only has the fastest Processor of all Consoles, but has the biggest Graphics, the highest Memory, and is the most powerful of all the Consoles. Microsoft make its - so it must be damn good on top of all that!

I can't see why nobody wants to buy the X-Bos; the Microsoft Logo seems to have the opposite effect that it should have on people!

You can't expect the X-Box to have too many games compared to the Playstation and the Game Cube; the X-Box is very young in comparison and it doesn't have the standing base of customers. But X-Box can suffer the small profit its making without flinching - and by god it will beat or at least out last the Playstation and the Game Cube to the ends of the world!

geforceboy

Personally i think that xbox is so so so so cool it is unbeatly . I got the first day it came out i am already saving up for xbox 2 . Have you seen the videos for xbox they look so cool i will find the address and post it here.
Halo rules , halo 2 comes out soon goneing to buy it when it comes out . Basicly i am xboxs biggest fan . I have xbox live . I have all the good games and microsoft is the top console builders ever. :D

Fure6

X-box is the best out of PS2 and XBOX, i think.

Arguments fore Xbox:
>XBOX has an internal hard drive, PS2 doesn't. with the playstation you have to buy the memory cards, XBOX comes with it.
>XBOX is faster.
>PS2 is really noisy.
>XBOX comes with a network connection, with the PS2 you have to buy it.
>The playstion network connection is diffrent than the online connection. (PS2 networks with iLink)
>PS2's lazer goes bad after a few years.
>XBOX's controller cables are longer
>better vidoe on XBOX

Fore PS2:
>Can watch DVD's with out buying conroller
>a little better game choice

nomav6

love the x-box, and the game cube, PS2 is good but I prefer the box, even with the console that I own its funny how I always end up playing nesticles more then any of them. can't beat the classics