Votes: 5 27.8%
  • HP Pavilion HDX

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Dell XPS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - Please Mention

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
The alienware area-51 m17x. It provides a combination of a 2.8ghz intel core 2 duo extreme processor, dual sli nvidia 8800m gtx graphics cards, and room for two internal hard drives, 500gb each, and a third as a swap drive. The ability to use the swap drive for a second battery and its sleek looks make it the best. It also has lightfx, which allows it to have build in leds in 5 places including the keyboard, and unlike the dell xps, the keyboard can be any one of 12 colors, not just white.

area51-m17x-front.jpg

area51-m17x-flat.jpg

area51-m17x-left.jpg

Last edited:

houseofbugs

ASUS G1Sn-XX.

The ASUS G1Sn series is under $1500 and will run anything on the market. It also has eSATA and beautiful display. Oh and a free 1 year accidental warranty and 2 year standard warranty.

I have it and I love the thing.

skidude

Sager NP9262. Hands down. I'm typing this on one right now, I got a Intel Q9550 and 2 8800M GTX's in SLI. I canceled my Alienware M17x order for one of these, and I couldn't be happier with it. Plus, the Sager is hundreds of dollars cheaper for the same, if not better, config.

mkjaekmi

Interesting. Many chose falcon yet no explanations?

I'm actually stuck between sager/falcon... possibly alienware but there expensive.

I also noticed the new Sager 9262 has nvidia 9800 graphic card!?!? Is this true?

g4m3rof1337

My friend has that Asus and its great.

But two is always better than one.

And out of that Poll, go with the Sager, everything else is just cheap.

skidude

Interesting. Many chose falcon yet no explanations?

I'm actually stuck between sager/falcon... possibly alienware but there expensive.

Plus they take forever to ship the damn laptop. M17x's at least.

I also noticed the new Sager 9262 has nvidia 9800 graphic card!?!? Is this true?

Yep it's true, you get can get 2 9800GT's in SLI. The 9800GTX's are due in late August.

mkjaekmi

thats crazy. If I buy the sager, would I be able to upgrade the graphic cards on my own> or would I have to ship it to the company for them to upgrade it for me?

skidude

You can upgrade the video card by yourself and it will NOT void your warranty. However, damage caused by you updating the video card WILL. Sager is really good in letting you open up the case and upgrade while still be covered under warranty.

Kill Bill

I'll be honest the Mx17 is sexy even though it's 2'' thick its very sexy But I couldn't get used to a numb pad on it as they most likely might have to squash a key or 2. But the battery would be pored and that on your lap would be a bad experience. I would choose the Mx17 if it as it is very powerful but I would find it useless to go into star bucks and find there's a plug no where near you and you were about to load up a video game like crysis I would be like damn. but I chose other:

MacBook Pro 17'' 2.5GHz - You may say it's not a gaming laptop but it does my gaming needs. So it may have to run crysis in medium but it has a better balance in my believe of battery between graphics and the OS X has a better chance to boot up and work than what vista on my desktop would and has the power I need as well as a DVI compared to comp.

Reasons why I would choose MX17:
The Specs are :cool: I wanna do it.
The fans blow up at you which is cool if your into a game and about too sweat and your online.
Classy

Reasons why I choose MacBook Pro:
Has a firewire 800 and 400 so I don't have to worry about having 1 extra bay when I can set up 2 bays. Maybe a fire wire 800 connected to a HDD and a 400 connected to a dvd drive if I played games on the internal and music off the firewire.
Better Battery between gaming even if you have to switch a thing or two to medium or off.
Nice and classy.
Sudden motion censor so I wont have to buy a keng lock and just use iAlertU .
Use SMC Fan Control to speed up the fans to 6000RPM and stick it on your lap when your playing the hardest games.
I don't get to play video games much and it will be become my buddy in school which means it always has to be able to boot up in 10secs and get in there.

How ever the Mx17 would be my next purchase if apple went missing off the face of the earth. It's so specs omg I get orgasim from it.

You can upgrade the video card by yourself and it will NOT void your warranty. However, damage caused by you updating the video card WILL. Sager is really good in letting you open up the case and upgrade while still be covered under warranty.
but where do you buy the GPUS?

Last edited:

skidude

If the manufacturer is any good they will usually sell upgrade components for their laptops. I know for a fact Dell does it, and I'm pretty sure Sager will do it.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
I voted for Falcon Northwest. They have some nice solid machines that can burn a nice hole in your wallet.

Geoff

VIP Member
I looked at Sager and they have some excellent spec'd laptops for the price, I also like the XPS as often times Dell has coupons out (such as the 20% off for the M1530/M1330).

Good point bigd54. This is another reason alienware is superior over most companies. My alienware m15x has leds for 12 colors on its keyboard, touchpad, alien head, quick controls, lcd lid, and alienware logo.

g4m3rof1337

Good point bigd54. This is another reason alienware is superior over most companies. My alienware m15x has leds for 12 colors on its keyboard, touchpad, alien head, quick controls, lcd lid, and alienware logo.

Not all of us want our laptops to look like Christmas Trees.