Best Graphics card in this price range

Fatback

VIP Member
ATI Radeon 4870 or 4890 would be the best but it depends on what kind of CPU you have because you don't won't your CPU to bottleneck your graphics card. What kind of power supply do you have you will most likily have to have a new one unless you have a really good named brand it might be best to look at 4870 for $150 then get a new power supply for around $60-$70

Also you could of asked this question in you other post it is OK to have multiple question in one thread.

Last edited:

DethMuffiin

ATI Radeon 4870 or 4890 would be the best but it depends on what kind of CPU you have because you don't won't your CPU to bottleneck your graphics card. What kind of power supply do you have you will most likily have to have a new one unless you have a really good named brand it might be best to look at 4870 for $150 then get a new power supply for around $60-$70

I am thinking that the 4870 seems best. Oh and about that other stuff,

-I have a Intel Pentium Dual CPU @ 2.20 but I might get a ntel Core 2 Duo E7600 Wolfdale 3.06GHz 3MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor

-I dont know what kind of power supply I have but what would you suggest in that price range?

ScottALot

I am thinking that the 4870 seems best. Oh and about that other stuff,

-I have a Intel Pentium Dual CPU @ 2.20 but I might get a ntel Core 2 Duo E7600 Wolfdale 3.06GHz 3MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor

-I dont know what kind of power supply I have but what would you suggest in that price range?

You can just press the Quote button.. instead of copying his info, and failing to actually quote.

DethMuffiin

I am really interested in that ATI Radeon HD 4870.

I have a Intel Pentium Dual CPU @ 2.20 but Might get a Intel Core 2 Duo E7600 Wolfdale 3.06GHz 3MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor. Opinions??

I dont know what power supply I have but what would you suggest under $100?

DethMuffiin

Oh wtf? I didnt mean to double post, my bad. And I didnt copy all of that info, I dont know how that happened. But I would still like some help.

Fatback

VIP Member
I am really interested in that ATI Radeon HD 4870.

I have a Intel Pentium Dual CPU @ 2.20 but Might get a Intel Core 2 Duo E7600 Wolfdale 3.06GHz 3MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor. Opinions??

I dont know what power supply I have but what would you suggest under $100?

This would be good for the 4870 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341017.

Upgrading the CPU is a good idea because there is a possibility that you CPU might bottleneck the 4870.

DethMuffiin

Okay, any suggestions for the Ram?

Sorry for so many questions, its just that I dont know much about building a good computer

Fatback

VIP Member