Best Mobo For The Core 2 Duo? (conroe)

34erd

You need a motherboard with an nforce 5xx chipset, which isn't out for intel yet. If you know how to set your own RAM timings you dont need EPP.

Pr0

You need a motherboard with an nforce 5xx chipset, which isn't out for intel yet. If you know how to set your own RAM timings you dont need EPP.

Thanks 34erd Now do you know where can i buy conroe E6600 right now? And Asus dh deluxe that have them in stock right now. Besides the overpriced ebay site.

Last edited:

34erd

Most of them don't, but be carefull with the ASUS P5W-DH. Sometimes it doesnn't come with a conroe-ready BIOS, and unless you have another socket 775 chip to flash with ASUS will charge you $25 for a BIOS chip, $5 if your lucky.

matteuk

im just gonna go with the asus p5w delux seems to be the best with some realy kool fetures ill have to buy a celeron to do the bios update but hay

Rambo

I am sorry to be stupid, but is ic correct that the Intel Badaxe is the way to go?

IC? What/Who's that? Intel Badaxe isn't necessarily the best option for Conroe. It's not the best Overclocker of the bunch which is currently out. It's not the best motherboard for gaming, either...

TonyBAMF

Could you please point me out to the best one for gaming in best and eco$$ flavor and with a link would be great. :D

Thanks

ReturnToEmpire

Now what im looking for is a motherboard with Corsair EPP Support and Conroe core 2 duo. Where or which mobo support these too?

can you look for yourself? i know this forum is for questions but it doesnt seem that you are trying to help yourself first at all.

jph1589

Hello

Wait a bit, buying now will be silly as all boards and CPUs are still over priced due to supply problems (because of all the damn hype around conroe).

New here...i'm gonna jump in with both feet...:D ....I agree completely. I've also noticed that some of the motherboards have removed support of the low end conroe. It is starting to remind me of the fiasco when the 800 series came out and all of the sudden 820s weren't supported in some boards. The same thing happened with the 900 series and the 920. I don't have any doubt that those same troubles will happen with the conroe and motherboards.

There are all kinds of MFGs racing to put conroe support on motherboards...Asrock even has a 945g chipset board that supposedly supports it now.

IMO .....wait for the nForce 590 intel chipset to stabilize. According to Maximum PC, they got a beta board from nvidia and it just blew them away.

I went through a 915g and 945g intel motheboard during the pentium 4 and pentium D frenzy. Neither board was completely stable or reliable so I switched to nforce4.

My current setup has a little old 520J on the nfoce4 chipset overclocked up to 1000FSB (3.5ghz). Completely stable. I waited until the chipset had been out for about 6 months before buying and I would suggest the same for conroe.

Just my opinion.

Pr0

But you see some people don't have time for patience. They want their stuffs quick as possible. waiting in 6 months by that time something new will come out.