best motherboard?

PC eye

banned
That's debateable! It will depend on manufacturer as well as model. Asus, MSI, and Gigabyte are about the top three companies. DFI and Abit come in after. Newegg usually has the lowest prices. But the real thing to know here is what brand cpu will the board need to run? Then the top of either AMD or Intel can be decided on.

lb562high

banned
i think so too...i think i ment P5ND2-SLI. maybe u can give me advice on which motherboard form asus i should get for my new build....price range around $120

PC eye

banned
In that price range and having an NVidia chipset like the other model you don't have any other options. If you want something a little newer with the support for DDR2 800 and still have 2x16x PCI-E slots with the Intel chipset look over the four model seen at http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...&Subcategory=280&description=&Ntk=&srchInDesc=

The P5N32-SLI is just a little above the other model. That's probably due to having one more feature and being slightly newer. It is still the DDR2 667 board there.

Saurian

If you don't need SLI, then you don't need to bother buying a board with it. Unless you plan on strapping a pair of 7900GT's together, why do it? You only get ~50 percent more performance (overall) with SLI, so why spend twice the money on an expensive card, when at the point of paying 500 dollars for a pair of GTO's you could have just spent 400-450 on a Radeon X1950XTX that is the fastest single-GPU card on the market today.

If the board you want happens to have SLI, that's great and it could be useful if you wanted to prolong the life of your current performance level a bit longer before an upgrade. :) I just hope you're not hung up on it, though.

PC eye

banned
If you don't need SLI, then you don't need to bother buying a board with it. Unless you plan on strapping a pair of 7900GT's together, why do it? You only get ~50 percent more performance (overall) with SLI, so why spend twice the money on an expensive card, when at the point of paying 500 dollars for a pair of GTO's you could have just spent 400-450 on a Radeon X1950XTX that is the fastest single-GPU card on the market today.

If the board you want happens to have SLI, that's great and it could be useful if you wanted to prolong the life of your current performance level a bit longer before an upgrade. :) I just hope you're not hung up on it, though.

When buying a board for a replacement build here it was bought for a good price with SLI capability like a good number of boards are. The problem with SLI here would be trying to run a second MSI Radeon X1300 Pro. :p Gee? Now I would have to run out for a board with the ATI Express 200 for a Crossfire setup. But I couldn't do without the nForce 4 chipset on this one.

intel D975xbx is aboslutely immense for core 2 duo...gorgeous board

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813121016

Great with three not one or two PCI-E 16x slots. Anyone for SL.."TRI" instead of SLI?