best motherboard?

PC eye

banned
It's a really a toss between that one and the Asus P5N32 SLI or the Gigabyte model suggested by ceewi1. Putting SLI aside you can decide by the features and support for hardwares each one offers.

JuggaloKillaz

I cant believe socket 939's cheap now. Im not sure which manufacturer to use. I thought of Asus or Gigabyte. There both awsome. which one for a gaming PC and i plan on using AMD.

PC eye

banned
I cant believe socket 939's cheap now. Im not sure which manufacturer to use. I thought of Asus or Gigabyte. There both awsome. which one for a gaming PC and i plan on using AMD.

Asus usually sees some of the best results. It actually depends more on the model with either brand. Asus incorporates the "Quiet + Cool" and a good overheat protection circuit while many go with Gigabyte for ocing. Except for a cpu fan failing on the last build and doing something to bios as well as the cpu when that overheated Asus has otherwise been reliable here.

JuggaloKillaz

wow what a nice motherboard. Can it support an AMD processor. Are Asus motherboards good for OCing? ANd Gigabytes are louder than an Asus Motherboard.

PC eye

banned
wow what a nice motherboard. Can it support an AMD processor. Are Asus motherboards good for OCing? ANd Gigabytes are louder than an Asus Motherboard.

The P5N SLI and the P5W DH are both Intel model boards. Asus, Abit, MSI, Gigabyte, DFI, and ECS are all good brands with oc capability with ECS having a large number of options for this "if" you just happen to get a good board. Asus has been one of the leaders for some time now. But you will get more out of some models then others. That seems to hold with different makes and models.

lb562high

banned
wow...ive been exploring a lot and i think im sticking with the Asus p5n sli. or is there a better alternative for that much money...?

PC eye

banned
The Asus P5N32 SLI model sees the best reviews for gaming and ocing. The P5N SLI model doesn't fare so well in that area. Even though you can run far more memory with a 16gb max the P5N SLI gets baked. That is the word there. The preference here would be for the nForce 4 chipset. This would be the better in the Asus line.

lb562high

banned
The Asus P5N32 SLI model sees the best reviews for gaming and ocing. The P5N SLI model doesn't fare so well in that area. Even though you can run far more memory with a 16gb max the P5N SLI gets baked. That is the word there. The preference here would be for the nForce 4 chipset. This would be the better in the Asus line.

so you recommend the P5N32 SLI model over the P5N SLI model in the gaming area? also i was wondering where i can read up on the comparison of all motheboards...

lb562high

banned
quick question...which one do u recommend for me:

Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe NVIDIA® nForce™ 4 SLI
Socket 939 ATX Motherboard

or

Asus P5NSLI NVIDIA® nForce™ 570 SLI™ Intel® Edition
Socket LGA775 ATX Motherboard

lb562high

banned
ohhhhhhhhh....wow i sound stupid...lol. thnx for clearing that up. yeah im going with the core 2 duo. so do u think that the p5n32 sli deluxe is worth it for the extra 100 bucks? (over the p5n sli)

PC eye

banned
You will have to review the features as well as the specifications before making a $100 jump to a different model. The $206.99 is a large gap for the P5N32 SLI Deluxe model seen at http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131031

You have to look over both boards according to your needs there to see which will offer the best performance value for the money. And the one other thing that stands out between the two models is the cpus that will run on one while not the other? For $107.99 you would be running the "Intel Core 2 Extreme/Core 2 Duo/Pentium D/Celeron" on the P5N SLI model seen at http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131032 while the P5N32 SLI runs "Intel Pentium EE/Pentium D/Pentium 4 HT/Celeron D"?