• None

Votes: 2 4.2%

• Total voters

tremmor

ive used a corp of 2000.
worked well.
I remember just dos and no windows.
Something like ver 2. bought a Sol terminal
and digital PDP11 , 8080 with 4k of memory.
A whip asss was Radio Shack Z80 4meg clock.
4k of ram. (black white monitor). about 8"
$1200.00 in a kit all parts had to be soldered
including ram and cpu. those were the days.
no drive, 8" $500 dollars was not going to happen soon.
for me it was an exatron stringy floppy.
color monitors was not out yet. thats when the Commodore amiga
came into play. had one of those also.
No internet ..it was invented yet.
Earilar and before the internet was BBS. bulletion boards with
dial up. love the days though.
thanks .......ya gave me a wake up call.
Oh well, there gone and only memories.

concorde

I really don't like Windows at all, but Windows 98 was, I think, a good version I've used. It's plain but it is a really sturdy OS, pretty fast and if something goes wrong, it's an easy fix. However, I've used everything form Windows 2 to WIndows Vista and I didn't really care for any of them. I've been using Linux for 7+/- years and I don't think I'll return to Windows, however, at work I use it (in conjunction with openSUSE 10.3 on my personal machine).

Windows 3.1 booted up FAST! I just wish Vista would boot up like that. Remember when you had to type win to get to Windows at the DOS prompt, much like startx to get to the XWS in a Unix/Linux shell? :p

Droogie

Vista is more stable if not stabler than XP now. Hands down Windows Vista 64 bit IS the best version of Windows to date.

Droogie

Not exactly. Back when I was running my SLi config, I had driver crashes all the time. Vista seems to have smoothed out a little, but I don't know if it's more stable than XP.

That's a matter of opinion. ;)

Just laying down the law :D The "I hate Vista and love XP" bandwagon is starting to get on my nerves. And ok maybe it's not stabler, but it's certianly as stable. Any OS is going to have problems at some point. Sure you and many others have had problems with Vista, but I and many others have had problems with XP...

Last edited:

brian

VIP Member
wow, looking at the score it makes me want to upgrade from 32 bit vista to 64. anyone want to give more info...

patrickv

windows 2000.
never had an issue with it regarding drivers and softwares not working.
and performance at its best

chibicitiberiu

So, until now looking at the score top 3 are: 1. Vista x64, 2. XP, 3. Vista and 98.
So, I'll stick with xp on my actual machine and probably downgrade from 2000 to 98 on my other older machine :D.

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
wow, looking at the score it makes me want to upgrade from 32 bit vista to 64. anyone want to give more info...
i must admit, i run x64 for some time, based on other peoples recommendations, i had nothing but problems regarding driver installation and general stability.

Maybe i was just unlucky on the hardware side of things. That is what prompted the switch to Fedora Core 9 which i now run on my main rig, never had any issues with it, if something doesnt work, i fix it, as is the way with any linux distro, sooo much more control over everything

:)

brian

VIP Member
i must admit, i run x64 for some time, based on other peoples recommendations, i had nothing but problems regarding driver installation and general stability.

Maybe i was just unlucky on the hardware side of things. That is what prompted the switch to Fedora Core 9 which i now run on my main rig, never had any issues with it, if something doesnt work, i fix it, as is the way with any linux distro, sooo much more control over everything

:)

i must admit that i am a FC fan too however it is a pain to lose a lot of apps on and i have had lots of problems with wireless using the brodcom 43XX. i hope my next laptop will have a intel or some other wireless.

speedyink

VIP Member
It was a tossup between Vista and Vista 64 for me. I chose Vista 64 because I can use all my ram with it, despite the extra memory it uses.

Windows Xp would be second on my list. I've had some good times with that OS...

After that Window 98. Oh man, the good ol days. Unfortunately that also meant viruses, and having to reinstall windows on a regular basis:eek:

Despite what most people say, I'm not a windows 2000 fan. Sure it was secure, but in it's place was HELLA long startup/shutdown times. May as well have XP, since it performed very similar (and looks much nicer)

Nigouki

So far, 18 people on this forum have proven themselves to be certifiably insane by voting for Vista.

"The reason we put UAC into the platform was to annoy users. I'm serious." - David Cross, Microsoft scumbag

Gareth

You can't look at an article written just as Vista came out, and judge it on that. Because it has improved significantly since then.