Best Webcam

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Depends on your budget/intent but I use the Logitech Cams are good enough for me (mostly because they're cheap and i'm poor :p)

Fure6

Praetor said:
(mostly because they're cheap and i'm poor :p)
well quite spending your money on those canadian whores man!

i don't have a webcam...why do you want one? i just don't see the use.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
webcams are way cool, I dont have one, so I cant recommend one.
Best way is to maybe check yahoo and look at a few webcams, and if you see one with a good quality picture, just ask them what kind of webcam they are using.
My favourite webcams to check out are these ones.
http://www.ev1servers.net/english/dc/webcams.asp

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I'd reccomend that you dont get a webcam with a native resolution less than 640x480 .. many webcams are marketed as 640x480 but they are really 320x240 native and interpolated as such :)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Another way would be to buy a decent normal digital camera with a higher resolution which enables webcam use.
Translation: buy a webcam. Something we've already noted

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah typical creative webcams are 640x480 native... try to stay away from the 640x480 capable ones which are actually 320x240 native :)

NikeAero1080

Im going to pick up the Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000. A buddy of mine has it and it works really well. I just have to figure out how I'm going to put the feed onto my web site. Any ideas?

nitemistress

I'm not sure about that one but I have the Logitech ClickSmart 420 which has motion detection monitoring and allows you to set up web site as well as a few other things. Each part is set up step by step through the Camera Control Centre. Good luck with yours!