Bestbuy laptop

Is this a good laptop for the price? I am looking to buy nice laptop soon, and this looks really good. The only thing that doesn't look that great is the ddr2 ram and the 2.13 ghz processor(which is still good for a lappy though right?) I have 530 dollars right now, and my birthday is in June, so buying that would be really nice :)

Laquer Head

not that it is a bad machine, cause its nice!

But, I wouldn't buy it! Save your cash..and wait a bit longer!

I'd say look into an i3 laptop..but just wait a bit unless you desperately need a laptop now!

For about and extra 100 bucks over that ASUS, you can get an i3 or i7 HP laptop, with DDR3 ram! I got the laptop in my sig for $1100 and they are even cheaper now!!

Last edited:
Actually, I have no need for a laptop at all really, but it would be a nice thing to be able to take down on the weekend to our condo. I'm 15 so I have no real source of income, so I don't know how much a really good laptop would cost.

Laquer Head

Actually, I have no need for a laptop at all really, but it would be a nice thing to be able to take down on the weekend to our condo. I'm 15 so I have no real source of income, so I don't know how much a really good laptop would cost.

At the $1000.00 price point there are several sik machines.

I just saw a new Toshiba Qosmio X505 for $1049.99

with corei7, 4GBDDR3, DDR5 nvidia 300-series graphics, 500GB hard disk, 18.4" screen...

Since you don't 'need' it...save your dough man!! But one once you have the proper dough!

I'd avoid that ASUS--I love the brand, but that model is old now! 900 for it is waay too much!

Laquer Head

Hmm, okay, I will do as you say sensai :) But that 1050$ laptop isn't after tax :( so it's really a 1100$ laptop.

Fair enough man! I was young once too!

I just don't wanna recommend something lower-end.

You have a sweet rig in your signature and you might be disappointed with something else!

But, as I say..save your coin man..and keep watching for deals! Also, shop around and price match!!

MacBook

banned
Best Buy does have some great gaming laptops from time to time, I bought one of my previous ones through them and it was several hundred dollars cheaper then Newegg! As Laquer Head said though, I would hold off, at least until the laptop goes on sale.

Flaring Afro

The link went to a $900 laptop... I assume it was supposed to go to one around $500?

Spring is when best buy comes out with the awesome gaming laptops that beat newegg pricing. Also, if you really don't want to wait, chickfila hires 15 year olds ;), if you have chickfila in your area.

No, any laptop you pay 500 dollars for would be complete crud(for extensive use) that one you see in the link is correct, my birthday comes up in June, so I should have over 800-1,000 dollars.

hjahmad

im gonna say no to that laptop without even clicking the link cause its from best buy. i cant stand that place anymore. id look for that computer elsewhere. their warrunties are crap and they never follow through with them, always make up excuses for your warrunty not applicable for whatever the issue. and that whole new thing with the best buy optimization for an extra $40 dollars, where they set up the computer and delete all the trial software. like thats so hard to do. its not a new computer anymore if some geek squad guy has already been messing around with it. im sure youd want to say you turned on the computer for the first time and not someone else.
if you like the comp, find it on amazon, probably get a better price too.

Flaring Afro

im gonna say no to that laptop without even clicking the link cause its from best buy. i cant stand that place anymore. id look for that computer elsewhere.

Bets buy makes their money off their warranties. They very often don't make any money off a laptop sale by itself. Plus, you can still go through the manufacturer and asus even has a 2 year warranty standard on many laptops there.

I hate best buy too though I had a fried mobo and bb geek squad kept trying to pass it off as software and it took 6 months to get a new computer. They say they get 4 attempts to fix, then new one but they kept telling me attempts didn't count because they diagnosed it wrong. Took more like 10 times shipping it out to their main geek squad center.

DMGrier

VIP Member
I dont see a problem buying from best buy, and you can get a manufacture warrenty from the store. Now if you are going to geek squad then there is your problem. They often have no idea what they are doing and they over charge for everything. They are there to rip off people who dont know anything about computers.