Bestbuy laptop

DMGrier

VIP Member
Plus if anyone read any of the post on that website someone brought up a good point, I can't think of anything that they listed that geek squad does that would slow the computer 32%. Seems like there lying a bit them selves. I really dont care I have seen some great deals there and I will continue to shop there for products, not services.

MacBook

banned
Right. There is no reason that you shouldn't support companies that are engaged in unethical business practices.

</sarcasm>
Every company has at least one thing wrong with them. Best Buy and Geek Squad are two different companies, granted they are operated in the same store, it doesn't have anything to do with the laptop itself. I've bought a few laptops from them that have been cheaper then Newegg or anywhere else online. You just need to know what you want and say no to any services they offer you.

You shop at Wal-Mart right? What about how unfairly they treat their employees?

PohTayToez

Every company has at least one thing wrong with them. Best Buy and Geek Squad are two different companies, granted they are operated in the same store, it doesn't have anything to do with the laptop itself. I've bought a few laptops from them that have been cheaper then Newegg or anywhere else online. You just need to know what you want and say no to any services they offer you.

Geek Squad is a subsidiary of Best Buy, who owns controlling shares. So while they are separate legal entities, Geek Squad is controlled by Best Buy.

You shop at Wal-Mart right? What about how unfairly they treat their employees?

How is that a valid analogy? I disfavor Best Buy because of the way they treat their customers. Wal-Mart treat's it's customers excellently, it just screws over it's employees.

Flaring Afro

Also, again best buy doesnt make any money off their laptops that are better deals then newegg. They get away with it because of their jacked up prices on useless warranties and accessories. I know people that work there and it's a fact.

MacBook

banned
Also, again best buy doesnt make any money off their laptops that are better deals then newegg. They get away with it because of their jacked up prices on useless warranties and accessories. I know people that work there and it's a fact.
There's no doubting that. I find it funny when I buy say, a new hard drive and they ask if I want to spend 1/3-1/2 the price of the item on the warranty!

PohTayToez

And that's not unethical?

Of course it is. There are plenty of reasons not to shop at either Best Buy or Wal-Mart, however you indicated that unethical business practices weren't a reason to not shop at Best Buy. The reason I shop at Wal-Mart is because they offer superior price and convenience, and to be honest it's easy to ignore their unethical business practices because it doesn't effect me or anyone I know directly. I'm not saying I should shop there, I'm just telling you why I do.

MacBook

banned
Of course it is. There are plenty of reasons not to shop at either Best Buy or Wal-Mart, however you indicated that unethical business practices weren't a reason to not shop at Best Buy. The reason I shop at Wal-Mart is because they offer superior price and convenience, and to be honest it's easy to ignore their unethical business practices because it doesn't effect me or anyone I know directly. I'm not saying I should shop there, I'm just telling you why I do.
And that's why I shop at Best Buy, they have excellent deals on some items.

Flaring Afro

The new walmarts are different too. At least in virginia. They are nicer then target and their employees are some of the friendliest workers I've seen. I'm guessing they are treated better too. It's only the ones that were built in the past few months or so that are like this.

old school

hey, Laquer Head where did you see that i7 505 toshiba at??? I am currently ready to pull the trigger & buy a toshiba 505 Qosmio Q862 !8.4 " @ costco.com For $1149 free ship 90 days satisfaction guaranteed & at NO additional cost 3 year warranty. but this is a i5. oh did not realize I was in a feud here but Costco pays Living wage jobs with health care that is good . granted the sales help is useless but happy ,I always get told if you don't like return it,no worries. To me this is a good selling point,customer satisfaction!!!

Last edited:

hjahmad

I never really found best buy to have any great amazing deals, other than during the holidays.
id buy other things from there but i just prefer to buy computers direct from the manufacturer. just seems to be the safer bet.