BIOS Update led to BSoD

Laquer Head

Yeah thats just telling you to remember to switch sata mode if you've built a RAID volume..

I assume you installed windows to that samsung SSD? and thats the drive your booting from?

Go to BOOT tab and see what it shows there for the boot order/device

as well, if you got usb drives or external hdd connected ..disconnect them for now

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like your gonna have to reinstall windows if you know how. What video card do you have in your system? Either the latest video drivers weren't installed or video card is powerful enough to run your games.

MonsieurWolf

Problem is that I'm unable to install Windows. Even when the blue screen appeared, It always said 'failed to reinstall/reset". I would use another PC to install on a USB, but I don't have another. I'll just go to the repair shop, oh well.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You have to reinstall by booting to the installation media whether it be usb or cd. If you don't have bootable media, it will just try loading windows. You don't have friends or family that has a computer to download the media? And if its a store bought computer, there should be a way to access recovery program to let it reinstall windows. Contact where you got it from.

MonsieurWolf

I got it from my cousin, who bought it from a custom PC company. Besides, the whole 'unable to access Windows' is just the tip of the iceberg. I bet I haven't even resolved the original issue (8 fps). At this point, I'd rather pay someone else to do it. I just feel hopeless, and grasping at straws.

Laquer Head

I got it from my cousin, who bought it from a custom PC company. Besides, the whole 'unable to access Windows' is just the tip of the iceberg. I bet I haven't even resolved the original issue (8 fps). At this point, I'd rather pay someone else to do it. I just feel hopeless, and grasping at straws.

There really is no need to pay anyone.

First thing you need to do is relax..dont worry..breathe.,,

Next, we need to get you windows 10 installed onto a usb drive.. Do you have a flash drive and can you find someone with a computer and internet access.

All you gotta do is go HERE and download the tool and make the install media...super simple.

Once you have that, plug in the usb drive.. boot your PC and go into BIOS.. then select to boot from that USB drive.. it will start the setup to install windows. There you can choose the SSD to install to. after that you'll go back into BIOS, select that SSD as your boot device -- save and reboot.. then it should start the initial login to windows.

Once your back in business with a fresh install, we can help you find drivers and appropriate software to get you back in good order.

MonsieurWolf

Thank you very much. I'll try that tomorrow, my mother has an old laptop that I can try. I'll certainly try it. I suppose, I just need a sense of direction, because I usually exacerbate the situation by myself. It is Windows 8 though...

Jiniix

In IMG_1656 you have two options, CSM and SecureBoot. Did you fiddle with them after BIOS update?

Laquer Head

I'm not a genius...just a humble servant.

Seriously though, glad to see you got things going..now just be patient..install whatever updates/drivers you need..probably a bunch of stuff.. make sure that you search for latest graphics drive too.