Bitcoin Mining

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
Already provided it. I have provided all the evidence needed to back up my argument.

I see nothing wrong with pointing out all the negative flaws in something, someone needs to. If no one else wants to see them i really dont care.

Feel free to read back through the thread for anything you may have missed but im done here. Good luck on your bitcoin investments.
No, you did not. In fact you've provided very little evidence at all; you've only provided (largely flawed) arguments, while ignoring those others have made. And there's nothing wrong with pointing out negative flaws, the problem is that what you're pointed out are either bogus or apply equally well to the money you use every day and you still seem oblivious to it.

FWIW, I haven't invested in bitcoin, but thank you nonetheless.

I also think it's funny that you keep going on about worrying for the future of society and what's happening with people's intelligence, when one of your main arguments that wasn't completely shot down was that dollar can be trusted because government regulates it, the government that certainly hasn't spied on you or tried to excessively police the world or its own people. Which is somewhat ironic, given that for every movie and book of your "unintelligent society" there are at least ten stories of a dystpoian future with an oppressive government which came about because of the "trust the government" and "doesn't affect me" attitude which you seem to hold.

ScottALot

So I'm at the dorms right now and I've room in my desktop for a graphics card. I'd love to have a card running a mining process while I'm here because I pay standard rate for electricity. Any recommendations, or do you think my yield would be too low to even bother?

Okedokey

So I'm at the dorms right now and I've room in my desktop for a graphics card. I'd love to have a card running a mining process while I'm here because I pay standard rate for electricity. Any recommendations, or do you think my yield would be too low to even bother?

Not worth it. You will pay more in electricity.

PCunicorn

Scott, its probably not worth it unless you already have a GPU capable ofinig. Bitcoin mining will make NO profit at all anymore, last I heard litecoin difficulty was really high and it isn't very profitable anymore. I would think you could make a profit with middlecoin or feathercoin, but only if you already have a GPU. And by profit I mean making a amount of money more then 5 cents every 12 hours.

87dtna

Everyone knows you can't mine straight bitcoin anymore with GPU's. You mine scrypt coins, or new on the scene are Keccah coins but you need to know what you're doing to mine those are they require modified mining clients and they are hard to setup.

Mining straight litecoin, well it depends. Right now the difficulty is low, so profitability is up. But it's been fluctuating pretty rapidly, and it's still not as profitable as other scrypt coins right now.

I personally use middlecoin, it's an autoswitching pool that mines the most profitable scrypt coin at the moment.

Right now I have three 7950's, a 280x, an R9 270, and a 7850 mining. I'm making roughly $20 per day mining, and that's only because BTC value is down. It was more like $25 a day, but I'll take the low end right now to state my profitability. Electricity will cost me about $100 a month (on top of my normal bill), so I'm making $500 is pure profit a month.
Now, I did spend about $1400 on all those cards, so it'll take me 3 months to recoop my investment, but that's not bad.

Mining straight litecoin I'd be making $400 a month, minus electric so $300 profit.

Last edited:

G80FTW

Scott, its probably not worth it unless you already have a GPU capable ofinig. Bitcoin mining will make NO profit at all anymore, last I heard litecoin difficulty was really high and it isn't very profitable anymore. I would think you could make a profit with middlecoin or feathercoin, but only if you already have a GPU. And by profit I mean making a amount of money more then 5 cents every 12 hours.

My god how many of these false currencies are out there now? What a trend.... I shouldnt be surprised though. The trends in pop culture to me have gone so far out of whack Im not even sure I can really relate to the world anymore haha.

I do so miss the 90s..... As much as I love computers, I feel technology is starting to go too far.

87dtna

False currency? It's far from false. Some major retailers are actually accepting bitcoin for payments now such as overstock.com and tigerdirect.

Okedokey

My god how many of these false currencies are out there now? What a trend.... I shouldnt be surprised though. The trends in pop culture to me have gone so far out of whack Im not even sure I can really relate to the world anymore haha.

I do so miss the 90s..... As much as I love computers, I feel technology is starting to go too far.

You miss the 90s??? how old were you ? 1995 you were what 4, may be 5??? What planet are you on man? You were having your ass wiped in the 90s.

False currency?? Again, epic thread about this before... please tell me how 87 got around 700 bucks US from a false currency?

G80FTW

You miss the 90s??? how old were you ? 1995 you were what 4, may be 5??? What planet are you on man? You were having your ass wiped in the 90s.

False currency?? Again, epic thread about this before... please tell me how 87 got around 700 bucks US from a false currency?

In 1995 I was 6. A year later my step-brother died. I still remember him, as he was the closest thing to a brother I had. A year after that my grandma died. I remember more than you think. As you get older, you start to remember things. I have stayed in touch with all the music from the era, I remember all the shows.....6 is old enough to remember. Even if I was 3 in 1999, I would still rather live in the 90s.

And who are you to comment? Judging from your posts I wouldnt have assumed you to be older than 13.

Last edited:

StrangleHold

Staff member
I grew up in the 70s was a teenager. That was the time for Rock n' Roll. Okedokey I was in the military from 1980 thru 1986. Your still a kid if you have the need to brag, like you say ( I think I can comment).

Last edited:

G80FTW

I grew up in the 70s was a teenager. That was the time for Rock n' Roll. Okedokey I was in the military from 1980 thru 1986. Your still a kid if you have the need to brag, like you say ( I think I can comment).

Why is this thread still open though?

Okedokey

No bragging, strange post in the extreme. I simply was saying that at 6 years old, its rather odd to say 'i miss the 90s'. I don't see how any of it was bragging. I also grew up in the 70's i was 3, those were the days...

Last edited:

G80FTW

No bragging, strange post in the extreme. I simply was saying that at 6 years old, its rather odd to say 'i miss the 90s'. I don't see how any of it was bragging. I also grew up in the 70's i was 3, those were the days...

So its impossible for someone to miss the culture from their childhood? Why is your logic always so flawed?

StrangleHold

Staff member

Not strange at all. You said you cant understand or its odd at 6 he can remember/miss the 90s. Then at the same time you say you were 3 in the 70s and those were the days. How do you remember?

Status
Not open for further replies.