Blowing Some Dough$

Deadpool

Ryzen will at the very least drive down Intel prices for you. :)

Yeah. Old generation CPUs have always been expensive though. I´m not sure why. I guess due to availability being scarce. If you want it, you gotta pay for it, a lot :D

Intel_man

VIP Member
If you're buying old chips, you go on eBay. But then again Laq, just hold onto your money right now.

Wait for the next Intel to come out... Q4 2017? and then make up your mind if you want to go Intel or AMD. Kabylake isn't much of an improvement to Skylake apart from the chipset and native hardware drm netflix 4k support.

Oh and as long as you're not buying that Trident RGB ram crap, I'm not going to grill you for it.

unless you'd be content with seeing how Skylake-X pans out.
That skylake-X stuff better be worth that hype! I think they showed off a foxconn mobo (of all mobos right!?) with that LGA2066 socket. I'm not sure wth is going to be on it but there's probably going to be a shit ton of PCI-e lanes by the chipset and cpu.

JLuchinski

Alrighty... looking for some opinions here...Got $1000 CAD to needlessly spend.

Gimmie some combo ideas for an upgrade....I only need/want the following, as this is an upgrade not a complete new build, although some would argue these core components are a new build. Obviously from Canada website and in CAD$

• Motherboard
  • CPU
  • RAM
and..GO!
Haha, tax return? I just got mine and I'm already broke AF.

Laquer Head

HaHa.. no just money that we had aside for something else that got taken care of, so we decided to blow it on fun stuff

Deadpool

HaHa.. no just money that we had aside for something else that got taken care of, so we decided to blow it on fun stuff

Huh...

godfather.png

Geoff

VIP Member

Darren

Staff member
Wikipedia must be out of date, because it says:

"Cannon Lake (formerly Skymont) is Intel's codename for the 10-nanometer die shrink of the Kaby Lake microarchitecture, expected to be released late in the first half of 2018."

I read a few articles saying they will ship with PCs before the end of the year, but as is usually the case, they ship lower powered models first and then high end models later.
I've found Wikipedia to be notoriously out of date for tech stuff. Some articles on AMD stuff clearly haven't been updated in years.