Blue Screen Of Death

virussage

I have a problem......My new laptop keeps givin me a blue screen error message that says "Windows has been shut off to prevent further damage to ure PC". It restarts the Pc in 100 seconds after "Dumping Physical Memory." Dell says its a program i put on there but when i send the error report to microsoft they say to update ure video crd device driver or replace video crd. Heres the link.http://oca.microsoft.com/en/response.aspx?SGD=f94798d6-0ad3-43fb-81ad-fd326c1ea1d7&SID=11

If someone could give any suggestions i would greatly appreciate it.
Ive already:
1} Updated all device drivers for my Video Card
2} Reinstalled the Operating System
3} Repaired the OS with the OS Cd
Problem still continues.
If you suggest i Re-DO my Computer Please define How?
{ive never done that before)
If this will help- i recognize the problem starting the same day i downloaded Bearshare and Azureus
and on that day too- i also deleted some unrecognized stuff in Add/Remove Programs.
Please Help Soon.

Last edited:

SpeedDevil817

it was probably bearshare or something that came with it...

EDIT: but u reinstalled OS so that shud have been fixed so nvrmind not likely

Motoxrdude

Could it be a heat issue? My friend has that problem last night but we stuck a cooling pad underneath his laptop and he hasnt gotten the BSOD

LaptopExtreme

VIP Member
Well in WinXP, I've only encountered the BSOD when there was a bad mouse connected and bad memory; other than that, it was always a Win98/95 thing to me.

virussage

The Dell customer Help Technicians tell me that its a program i put on the pc
because the video crd driver passed system diagnostics
But the error response from microsoft tells me to update my video driver and/or replace my video card
Can someone please give me some insight

meanman

if you have already done a fresh install of windows and installed all the latest drivers for your graphics card have a look in bios to see what your graphics card is set to like i said if you have done all you said you have done and the problem is still there then you are leagally intitaled to a free repair or replacement tell dell you dont acept what they say and you want it repaired under warrenty

LithiumSunset

virussage said:
The Dell customer Help Technicians tell me that its a program i put on the pc
because the video crd driver passed system diagnostics
But the error response from microsoft tells me to update my video driver and/or replace my video card
Can someone please give me some insight

I find it highly unlikely that it's a program on your machine especially since you said you reinstalled the OS.

It sounds as if you've got a bad RAM stick in that machine. I'd be inclined to say it could be the graphics card too judging by the BSOD message your getting. If that machine has two sticks of RAM in it, try pulling one of them out and see if it will run with one or the other installed. One of them I believe it bad. Happens all the time. The graphics module in that machine could be bad as well but try the memory first.

Christian Darrall

Lithium Sinset Keep In Mind The Drivers Might Be Messed Up

Can Sum 1 Tell Me A Way Of Gettin This Caps Off, The Button Broke

4 SUM RESON IT SHOWED ABOVE AS NORMAL

virussage

Update

meanman said:
if you have already done a fresh install of windows and installed all the latest drivers for your graphics card have a look in bios to see what your graphics card is set to like i said if you have done all you said you have done and the problem is still there then you are leagally intitaled to a free repair or replacement tell dell you dont acept what they say and you want it repaired under warrenty
yes i know about the free repair but i kinda need the pc for a big presentation that i have to do at my church
PS. what is system BIOS? the message says 2 disable caching & shadowing in system BIOS