Bluetooth issue

WDLV

My Wireless headset connects fine, and it works mostly fine.

does anyone know why the symbols are showing up as a keyboard?

1614386314998.png

also, on another issue.. if the computer goes to sleep, and then wakes up the headset volume is 100% regardless of where the volume slider is set (it says 30% but its BLASTING at 100%) note this is only after waking up from sleep mode

the only way i've found to fix is this is either restarting the computer, or removing the bluetooth device and reconnecting it. both of which are a pain.

1614386436662.png

Blue tooth and Audio drivers are up to date.

thanks for all the help everyone.

Intel_man

VIP Member
Do you have the MPOW drivers installed for that headset? https://www.xmpow.com/pages/download

If that doesn't work, in the notification part of your task bar (the chat icon at the bottom right of your screen), you should be able to quickly disconnect and reconnect your bluetooth device via the "connect" button.

It's not necessarily a permanent fix, but hopefully this should alleviate some of the annoyance.

WDLV

I've always just gone through the device manager to make sure drivers are updated.
1614426442483.png

is that not a reliable way of checking?

I think the one from the website i need is this one heree
1614426481540.png

it downloads as a zip folder. not sure where to put the file after that.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
it downloads as a zip folder. not sure where to put the file after that.
You unzip it and then usually there will be a setup file in there that you run and it installs the driver for you. If there is no setup file then you just direct device manager to the unzipped folder and it should pick up the new driver.

Last edited:

WDLV

I downloaded the Driver opened the zip and ran the Setup,

I dont think there has been anychange.

is there anything else i can do to try to fix this?

I just double clicked the zip file, and then hit setup, and followed the instructions, is that okay>?

thanks again./

Last edited:

WDLV

Also i just noticed it doesnt actually show as connected, even though it says its paired?

1615040320138.png

but i'v still got sound. and the problem i run into with audio being 100% even though everything says 30%

frustrated.

thanks again for the help everyone

Edit: i dont know if it makes a difference or matters that the headset has a usb that's plugged into one of the USB's on the back of the PC to broadcast the bluetooth i guess? why cant i just connect it to the computers bluetooth?

WDLV

so apparently its not even bluetooth, its a 2.4ghz
1615095480916.png

so i guess I can rule out that its a bluetooth problem? and that its still probably a driver issue or something with the head phones themselves?

pretty sure i'm going to return them