Rosewill Challenger Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower

XFX Radeon HD 6870

Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 7200rpm 3.0gb/s

HP 24X Multi DVD writer

HP 23", 3ms, 300cd/m2, widescreen w/speakers

For $596 (3-day ship + rush proc.)

Together with my i5-2500 and intel mobo its $796

Now the anxious wait begins...

I got the HDD b4 i even read Aastii's post, you obviously knew what your were talking about.

The parts came, just put it together today and it worked great. BUT THEN i decided to put it into hibernate and i won't turn on again!!! I tried everything unplugging, flipping the psu switch off and on, using a different cable. What could have gone wrong? I didn't even get to play one bloody game, I thoroughly HATE my life right now. Can anyone help? I checked internal cables aswell.

Aastii

VIP Member
When in hibernate, you don't just wiggle the mouse or push a button, you have to press the power button again (which should be flashing on and off), then it will restart and take you to the Windows login screen to select your profile.

Try holding the button for a few seconds and see if it works. If holding the button down does not work, then after holding it down, press it once and wait for a minute

If this isn't working, turn the power off at the switch on the PSU and unplug the cable, then wait ~15 secs for power to drain.

Look at your motherboard manual for the CMOS jumper reset. If you can't find it, post your motherboard manufacturer/model and I'll point you to it. There will be 3 pins covered by a little cap. You want to take the little cap off the jumper and move it to the other two pins (the middle will still be populated, but if the left was covered, now the right will) and leave it there for a couple of seconds, then you want to take it off again and put it back to the original position.

Plug everything back in and try again.

Last edited:

Aastii

VIP Member
he has multiple posts on this mate.

This is the original, so unless OP states he would rather us help in the problem thread rather than here, or if the others get more relevant responses I will use this one. Also the fact this was the first I saw thanks to a spammer bumping it :p

@OP, please try to keep everything to a single thread in future. That does not mean only ever have one thread, it could mean just use this thread for issues with your computer (though that could become confusing), or now that you have got help with building your system, create a new thread for issues but leave this one alone, keeping everything to the new thread specific to the problem or question