Budget PC Build - 'Pheonix R5' - (Need Critique)

Calin

Looks like a good budget build to me,maybe I would swap the PSU for a Seasonic, but overall it's very good

Deadpool

What am I looking for? I read the comments as well.

There is a drop-down menu at the top of the page. There are 3 4k game benchmarks where you can see VRAM makes no difference (as long as it is enough). In the future you may need it, but I doubt you'll be using the same rig once 4Gb stop being enough for 1080p.

Sovu

There is a drop-down menu at the top of the page. There are 3 4k game benchmarks where you can see VRAM makes no difference (as long as it is enough). In the future you may need it, but I doubt you'll be using the same rig once 4Gb stop being enough for 1080p.
But for 30 dollars more I can get the 8gb. Is it worth it?

Deadpool

But for 30 dollars more I can get the 8gb. Is it worth it?

If you can and don´t want to spend the money on something else, yeah. Don´t expect more FPS though...

At that point you can get the GTX 1060 6Gb version, it performs better in some games, and worse on some others. The future is uncertain regarding those 2 cards. Some people say the 480 will do better in the future, because of better Vulkan and DX12 support, others say that´s not true. For now they are both pretty similar, but the 480 has a much lower price (the 4Gb version) and Crossfire support.

mistersprinkles

Basically, if you want to be able to run two video cards in the future get the RX 480 and if you want more future proofing get the 8 GB version.