Build or Buy Gaming PC?

Phomatic

What would happen if I got that new Graphics Card and not the PSU..and installed the card? What exactly would happen?

jonnyp11

You might be fine, it might just short the psu out and everything else be fine, it could short the psu and fry something or everything in the computer, or it could be fine for a few months or a year and then that stuff, cheap psus mean you're risking that plus you don't have that much wattage and can't run what you thing you can, while a quality one will last you a long long time and work perfectly fine.

Okedokey

Hmm, can the OP post the current suggested build? Jonny, many games now use more than 4 cores although HT doesn't help there.

Jiniix

I've never watched a tutorial and I could name any part of a computer and where it goes. You should build it, and you'll be glad you did in the end :D

This is very true. First thing I did was change the graphics card in my PC because it broke, since then I've built more than a 100 PCs from scratch. It's addictive, fun and quite a good skill to have.

And for gaming PCs in general, not just AlienWare, it's always cheaper to build yourself.