Building a computer

Creeper0426

Dude, thats the kind of thoughtful advice I was looking for and am super grateful for. If you dont ask, you dont learn right? Thanks for taking the time. Bushwick, where I live, no one throws out anything worth anything, but you gave me some great ideas...and there is craigslist.

Intel_man

VIP Member
Idk how much plexiglass costs in brooklyn, but a sheet of that crap costs like $100 up here. Let alone having to then cut the stupid thing into the size you want and drill the holes and whatever to match the ATX form factor... and there's a bunch of other things you'll have to do on top of that.

a TL:dr version of this would be, you'll be wasting your time, spend 4x the amount of money to do the same thing as buying a cheap case.

mistersprinkles

Another option- I dont know if something like this exists in your area-- there is a place in Toronto where I live that is all volunteers teaching computer classes and fixing computers. You volunteer there for 30 hours and they give you a computer for free. A used, refurbished computer, but I mean, you could get the free computer and throw $50 at a used 750Ti and you're up and running.

ninjabubbles3

Btw I am not looking to buy a case/cover, was gonna build it out of plexi-glass and I dont need a dvd drive
lmfao, even I wasn't this dumb my first time

Okay yeah anyway, I built my computer for around 350 dollars, but I had a graphics card, monitor, and power supply already. You can always save money, and put together a nice system for around 500-600 after Christmas when you get more money possibly.

ninjabubbles3

That's kind of rude.

I agree, but I would assume that I was around this persons age when I built my computer, around 12-13. I'm only pulling out that number because of his poor grammar and spelling, fact he is dependent on parents for money and a low budget, and the fact he's playing and recording minecraft. I could be totally wrong though. Just that kids have dumb thoughts occasionally (I thought I could run my computer without a case for a bit)

mistersprinkles

You CAN run a computer without a case. It's just not optimal for dust prevention and proper air flow. Also, it won't be particularly well grounded.

Shlouski

VIP Member
You CAN run a computer without a case. It's just not optimal for dust prevention and proper air flow. Also, it won't be particularly well grounded.

Airflow is awesome with no case, you have less restrictions and you can easily move air over all the components with a large fan and still have smaller fans focused where you need the air the most, like the CPU and GPU. Its still a bad idea to not use a case, the case is designed to protect the components.

All electronics should be grounded though the earth wire.