Building a Gaming Computer

wolfeking

banned
what games are you going to be playing?

I will put together a list, and then when we know what games you are playing, we can tweak it for them.

jonnyp11

those aren't what you build a gaming computer for. they don't have real settings or anything that would take advantage of anything in the computer, this computer i'm on with a pentium dual core and an igpu could probably do that stuff, you could buy a computer for 4-500 that would do that stuff fine.

what exactly do you mean emulator games?

azeem40

No$GBA, PS2, etc. Emulators in general.
However, I will start getting into other games like Halo, Call of Duty, and Battlefield.

Last edited:

jonnyp11

yeah, those don't require anything really. there is no point in spending 800 on that stuff unless you are doing other stuff that is more demanding or you wanted to get a really big solid state drive that would increase all boot times alot.

azeem40

yeah, those don't require anything really. there is no point in spending 800 on that stuff unless you are doing other stuff that is more demanding or you wanted to get a really big solid state drive that would increase all boot times alot.
So Modern Warfare and Battlefield don't require much? Still, I want to build my own computer since I have the $ and would like to game on it if at all possible.

jonnyp11

do you mean mw3 and battlefield 3, those aren't emulator games, and they will surely need a gaming computer. i don't see those listed anywhere above so i was going off the runescape and emulators of the original post.

azeem40

do you mean mw3 and battlefield 3, those aren't emulator games, and they will surely need a gaming computer. i don't see those listed anywhere above so i was going off the runescape and emulators of the original post.

Sorry, I'll try to be more clear. I haven't had game systems since my parents couldn't afford them for me, so I have no clue on what games are out right now. Emulators and Runescape are the only games I've played. I want to build a computer, but Idk what kind to make, so I need help on that. Thanks if you can help out more. :)

azeem40

I want to be able to play games in general. A computer that as a whole plays almost all games with good speed and detail.

jonnyp11

cheapest quad core fast enough to do anything you need and can overclock well, plus can unlock 2 extra cores but that isn't needed for any game and only means you're drawing more heat and power

goog mobo from good brand for good price, has all features neeed and fits in the budget well.

good gpu at a lower price than many, plus comes with a free copy of dirt 3 i believe for 10 more than the next good one so why not.

great quality psu with more than enough power for this rig, plus it has a great rebate making it the same price as the cheaper psu's that rebated to there.

great price for the ram plus is good speed too, and is the most popular brand too.

fast hardrive with plenty of room, and is faster than all the others at that price. sucks though that flooding made the supply drop so the prices went up, meaning this costs over double what it did a few months ago (i think it hit 50 for a while, although the prices are dropping again, i think this was 150 last month).

great looking case with good cable management so you can run the psu's wires behind the mobo so it has good airflow and looks good and all.

good priced and great reviewed drive.

only choice really for operating system to run games.

azeem40

I asked around about the GPU you provided in the build, and they said it could be better. Otherwise, thanks for the build!