Building a pc inside of an xbox 360 case and need help finding stuff!

Fuzzoe

OK, i was just linking it in case it would help you with your' idea any. Did you read about the pico PSU? wasn't able to look into it but they seem pretty small.

Also i've started planning for an original xbox mod, you inspired me xD.

EDIT: here's a link to a review of the PicoPsu:
http://www.silentpcreview.com/article601-page1.html

Last edited:

Jheckman1986

OK, i was just linking it in case it would help you with your' idea any. Did you read about the pico PSU? wasn't able to look into it but they seem pretty small.

Also i've started planning for an original xbox mod, you inspired me xD.

EDIT: here's a link to a review of the PicoPsu:
http://www.silentpcreview.com/article601-page1.html

:good:

I love the power supply but i need a bigger wattage one and the other power connectors(I forgot the name they are called)

Also i appreciate the link, it was mostly sad to look at but it did give me some ideas :rolleyes: such as putting a temp checker on the outside and also a guide on what not to do when building a pc inside an xbox 360!

Plus the link you showed me is for atx systems primarily and i need itx!!!

But like i said earlier i found everything i need to build the system, i just need money!!!!

I am goign to need a drill and a rotary tool, harbor freight has both.

The case is permanently stained so i am getting some black plastic paint in a spray can to fix that, maybe get an xbox sticker to put ont he side, probably a decal, probably custom!

Last edited:

Jheckman1986

:good:

I love the power supply but i need a bigger wattage one and the other power connectors(I forgot the name they are called)

Also i appreciate the link, it was mostly sad to look at but it did give me some ideas :rolleyes: such as putting a temp checker on the outside and also a guide on what not to do when building a pc inside an xbox 360!

Plus the link you showed me is for atx systems primarily and i need itx!!!

But like i said earlier i found everything i need to build the system, i just need money!!!!

I am goign to need a drill and a rotary tool, harbor freight has both.

The case is permanently stained so i am getting some black plastic paint in a spray can to fix that, maybe get an xbox sticker to put ont he side, probably a decal, probably custom!

A better idea

:p

http://www.decalgirl.com/artwork/403/Sexy-Girl

Fuzzoe

A custom decal would be pretty cool! Also, don't you wish SSD's weren't so expensive? xD It'd be great to throw a decent sized one in your' build and a HUGE space saver too.

I'm thinking with the space I'd have with the original Xbox, i could go a little bigger and grab a micro atx mobo over the mini itx. I believe the dimensions on an original Xbox are 320 × 100 × 260 mm (12.5 × 4 × 10.5 in), or so the research I've done shows. Maybe cut out the insignia on the circle up top and find a way to put a fan in up there for some airflow to.

Oh, and is it possible to use a laptop hard drive with a setup like this? Not as smart in this as you seem to be. O.O

Jheckman1986

A custom decal would be pretty cool! Also, don't you wish SSD's weren't so expensive? xD It'd be great to throw a decent sized one in your' build and a HUGE space saver too.

I'm thinking with the space I'd have with the original Xbox, i could go a little bigger and grab a micro atx mobo over the mini itx. I believe the dimensions on an original Xbox are 320 × 100 × 260 mm (12.5 × 4 × 10.5 in), or so the research I've done shows. Maybe cut out the insignia on the circle up top and find a way to put a fan in up there for some airflow to.

Oh, and is it possible to use a laptop hard drive with a setup like this? Not as smart in this as you seem to be. O.O

Well i am using a Laptop Hdd so space is extremely minimal with it installed, also i am very smart about using it because they have the same hookup a regular sata drive has. I checked dude!!!

Basically i am going to have to fit everything inside this

6fmakk.jpg

qp5m49.jpg

2qnrrrm.jpg

Jheckman1986

Well i am using a Laptop Hdd so space is extremely minimal with it installed, also i am very smart about using it because they have the same hookup a regular sata drive has. I checked dude!!!

Basically i am going to have to fit everything inside this

6fmakk.jpg

qp5m49.jpg

2qnrrrm.jpg

Also i recommend washing out the metal parts before even beginning and givign them a day or two to dry out, i did that with the pic above and it is bone dry now, the dust and dirt is gone too!!!:D

Fuzzoe

dude....that looks awesome. heck yes to transformers lol! and that is indeed a very small amount of room.
What are you going to do about the disc drive? i looked at a slim cd/dvd drive and it was 99$ o.o........that's crazy.

Fuzzoe

Also i've had some crazy ideas on the xbox i want to do. I've just been jotting them down in a document on google drive lol.

thing im wondering is, are there any companys that manufacture the(idk what to call them) metal pieces that hold the hardware? like what the motherboard should sit on, and what would hold the hard drive and power supply into place?

I ask because im not sure if the original xbox has the accomidations for installing a new motherboard. I know i'm going to have to drill some screwholes, but im just worried about getting it all snug and set up right.

Fuzzoe

That seems pretty legit, i guess i need to shop around more instead of going straight to newegg everytime. o.o

Jheckman1986

Also i've had some crazy ideas on the xbox i want to do. I've just been jotting them down in a document on google drive lol.

thing im wondering is, are there any companys that manufacture the(idk what to call them) metal pieces that hold the hardware? like what the motherboard should sit on, and what would hold the hard drive and power supply into place?

I ask because im not sure if the original xbox has the accomidations for installing a new motherboard. I know i'm going to have to drill some screwholes, but im just worried about getting it all snug and set up right.

You could check but i think we are going to need to get a drill, a rotary tool with metal cutting blades and some sheet steel to do it ourselves. i plan on doing it that way... A motherboard needs what's known as a spacer, without it you will have shorts and damaged hardware... Basically an insta-brick.

A spacer is like a small metal screw with a female end on one end and male ont he other, it adds space.

Just take your time dude, it is going to take a few days since this is our first time doing this kind of thing (Mainly me).

Fuzzoe

Unfortunately i wont be able to start until about mid June (after i get caught up on everything lol). Had no idea about the spacer though, thanks for letting me know.

I guess it wouldn't be too hard to fabricate our own trays and stuff, but just in case i looked around and found this: http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l1/g43/Case_Parts-OEM.html

May not have everything we need, but it has a good many things to take a look at!

Jheckman1986

Unfortunately i wont be able to start until about mid June (after i get caught up on everything lol). Had no idea about the spacer though, thanks for letting me know.

I guess it wouldn't be too hard to fabricate our own trays and stuff, but just in case i looked around and found this: http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l1/g43/Case_Parts-OEM.html

May not have everything we need, but it has a good many things to take a look at!

I would rather fabricate everything myself that way i am the quality control expert and not some guy in china, So i intend on makign as much from scratch as possible. I am even making case fans from random fans i have around, soldering station to the rescue!! But now i gotta get to bed before i pass out!!!

Fuzzoe

I would rather fabricate everything myself that way i am the quality control expert and not some guy in china, So i intend on makign as much from scratch as possible. I am even making case fans from random fans i have around, soldering station to the rescue!! But now i gotta get to bed before i pass out!!!

dude, i wanna see you work on this soon!

Fuzzoe

ok, cant wait to see it happen, ill post pics of my build that i'm gonna do before my xbox mod when i start if you wanna check it out :D