Building my first gaming PC

tylerjrb

Looking very nice :). Get corsair link and you can adjust the central h100i LED to yellow, blue to match the board or cpu. I'd also be tempted to swap the fans around so they are blowing air out the top or on the top blowing air in. Looks better and should cool a little better. Maybe consider a sp120 fan set for added looks and performance.

I love the look of the board, very nice build! Enjoy.

I'd also stress test it aswell just to make sure. With prime 95 and MSI Kombustor. Shouldn't think the Gpu should be a problem, can't listen on my phone for some reason so I'll have a look when I get home.

Last edited:

Jiniix

VSync will smooth out your frames (remove screen tearing) and keep them at 30, 60 or 120 FPS (not sure if there are more 'levels', but those are the common ones).
The problem with VSync is when you can't quite maintain 60+ FPS, it'll drop down to the lower level, capping you at 30 FPS.
But NVIDIA cards support Adaptive VSync, which is a much enhanced version, kinda the best of both worlds. Not sure if you need to enable it tho, I never use VSync :)

Last edited:

spinnnerrr

Thank you! I'm very pleased with my choices :)

All my fans are taking in air except for the back one, that one is the exhaust. I figured more fresh air the better. They all have dust filters as well. I believe the fans that came with the h100i are SP120 fans. If anything, I'll get a replacement fan for the exhaust.

And thanks Jiniix for clearing up the VSYNC for me

Edit: My mobo only has one USB 2.0 header. Is there any way to add on a second 2.0 header? Through my PCI slots perhaps?

Last edited:

tylerjrb

The h100i comes with sp120 type fans but i find them quite a bit more noisy than the high performance sp120 fans. Even with them mounted blowing air out you wouldnt notice much if any difference just thought on looks thats all.

i have an nzxt fz for the exhaust, very good silent fan. Bitfenix are also good too. alternately corsair do an AF (airflow) series aswell which are good for exhausts.

with v-sync it locks to the refresh rate of the monitor 30/50/60/120/144hz. it will run at this if your gpu has enough power to do so. However if say it drops below it wont drop to the next stage it will just drop below. so if your running 60fps and it drops below it wont drop and lock to 30 it will drop to whatever the gpu can handle such as 40-55-57 whatever.

And im pretty sure you can get pcie to usb header.

Last edited: