Building my first PC

belfong

Hey guys, I'm buliding my first PC, and i want to check that all these parts match and work together :

=======================================================================
NZXT Lexa aluminum ATX-case
LG GCC-4522B DVD/CD-RW-station combo 52x32
Abit AN9 32X Fatal1ty AM2 nF590-SLI ATX-
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ boxed processor
XFX GeForce 7900GT 520M 256MB DDR3 PCI-E
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 250GB Serial-A
Kingston HyperX 2GB 800MHz DDR2-memory
Antec True Power II 550W Blue power supply
=======================================================================

Does all these parts work together?

Thanks, Oliver

Last edited:

Impr3ssiv3

i would strongly urge get some better RAM or atleast better thatn DDR2 400

try at least DDR2 675 or preferally DDR2 800

Tystrasza

The fun part is finding cool parts, then you gotta find out if they actually work together, so you dont end up sad when you put it all together and it doesnt work :) I am still on that step of making sure they all work before I order my parts in 2 weeks.

GGG

Ye, thats soul destroying when you spend ages making the computer...then find out theres one bit that doesnt fit!!!

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
1) where are you getting all these things from?
2) Definetly get the core 2 duo, say maybe the E6600
3) Get DDR2 800 ram, not DDR2 400

belfong

Thanks for all the tips.
My budget is not an issue:D

But i think I'm going to stick with the 5000+ processor. It is a dual core... and it isint that big a difference with the Pentium dual 2 core, and the athlon 64 x2 5000+, its max 10 FPS difference.
And i have changed the RAM.

Last edited:

DigitalMicron

Are you going to be purchasing another one of those 7900GTs later on to run in an SLI config??? If so you should probably look at getting a better PSU to support the extra card. That probably won't be enough power.

Jet

VIP Member
You can get an AMD, but Intel is making cheaper products that are much better than more expensive AMD ones.

[ULKER]

Thanks for all the tips.
My budget is not an issue:D

But i think I'm going to stick with the 5000+ processor. It is a dual core... and it isint that big a difference with the Pentium dual 2 core, and the athlon 5000+, its max 10 FPS difference.
And i have changed the RAM.

Man you are buying not performance/price. You should take the E6600 (its faster than FX-62), OC it to X6800 and YOU HAVE THE FASTEST CPU IN THE WORLD!

Jet

VIP Member
Man you are buying not performance/price. You should take the E6600 (its faster than FX-62), OC it to X6800 and YOU HAVE THE FASTEST CPU IN THE WORLD!

Lol, remember that the X6800 overclocks too. You would have the fastest "stock" processor in the world.

belfong

No need to get hostile :D
The cpu that i've got now is an athlon 64 2800+!
So the 5000+ is good enough for me. And correct me if i'm wrong, but with all these things i'm buying, i can play any game at full full full graphics, am i right?

BTW, What does the 5000+ cost where your from?

Last edited:

belfong

And i'm buing it from a store in Finland.
And i changed the Ram to : Kingston 2048MB 675MHZ DDR2 DIMM CL4 NON-ECC (4-4-4-10)(KIT OF 2)

Last edited:

Bobo

banned
i would strongly urge get some better RAM or atleast better thatn DDR2 400

try at least DDR2 675 or preferally DDR2 800
He has DDR2-800

That's bullcrap. Don't listen to this guy, he doesn't know what he is talking about.

You can get an AMD, but Intel is making cheaper products that are much better than more expensive AMD ones.
Certain products, yes. But not all.

What do u think: memory, 2gb 675MHZ, or 1gb 800MHZ?
You cannot use either one. I assume that you are referring to DDR2-675 and DDR2-800? DDR2-800 is not 800MHz, it is 400MHz. Please try to keep all your terms correct here.

DDR2-800 is definitely the best choice.