Bulldozer's gonna be on 'da cheapz!

StrangleHold

Staff member
Can someone tell me what is the final release confirmed date of the Zambezi.

The first Zambezi cores better be released by August 20th 2011 because that is the date I have been hoping for!

:D

I've heard that they will be taking orders next month. Then will be released the middle of September.

Edit.

Some info on Zambezi performance. A rumor is that AMD claims the CPU performance of Trinty (which will have zambezi cores) will be 50% faster clock for clock then the A8 processors cores (which have Athlon II cores at 32nm).

So reading into that, Zambezi cores clock for clock at the same mhz. should be 50% faster then the Athlon II cores. Which are the same cores as the Phenom II without L3. So from that, at the same mhz. the Zambezi core should be 50% faster then the Phenom II core, clock for clock. Its a rumor though, but sounds pretty good.

Last edited:

wolfeking

banned
I've heard that they will be taking orders next month. Then will be released the middle of September.

Edit.

Some info on Zambezi performance. A rumor is that AMD claims the CPU performance of Trinty (which will have zambezi cores) will be 50% faster clock for clock then the A8 processors cores (which have Athlon II cores at 32nm).

So reading into that, Zambezi cores clock for clock at the same mhz. should be 50% faster then the Athlon II cores. Which are the same cores as the Phenom II without L3. So from that, at the same mhz. the Zambezi core should be 50% faster then the Phenom II core, clock for clock. Its a rumor though, but sounds pretty good.

Oh, and the name PileDriver is just the code name for the next processor that will replace the A6 (Richland). So its not the next generation of Zambezi.
ok, assuming this 50% increase is true, where does that put it in comparison to Intels current lineup?

jonnyp11

oh yeah, i've been hearing that it's supposed to be 260 or 70 or so for the 8150p now, but if you think of how many more they'd be moving than if it was 320, then the profit margins would increase, along with what should be a great overclocker, and looking at the archtecture for idiots layout, meaning the simplified one and not the one that make my head hurt with all the lines and colors going everywhere, it should also be super fast, since it's basically ht'ing but more power in the cpu to go with the extra threads.

jonnyp11

Last edited:

jonnyp11

not to be rude, but could look at at least some of the posts b4 posting something that is a tiny bit of the stuff i posted.

NyxCharon

not to be rude, but could look at at least some of the posts b4 posting something that is a tiny bit of the stuff i posted.

huh? I'm contributing to the topic, unless someone else already posted that link? I've read enough about bulldozer, so it's not like i don't have any idea of what's going on, I just don't care about it. Doesn't mean i can't post something on it.

Perkomate

and by the way jonnyp11, if you would edit your original post instead of double posting it would be nice. not flaming, dont take it that way

jonnyp11

and i knew that would be wrong

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/cpu/di...ght_Core_FX_Processors_Approximately_300.html

and not linking the contest for obvious reason called winning :D, but says on page great overclocking potential, fine then, here's the link

http://sites.amd.com/us/promo/processors/Pages/fx-entry.aspx

and also supposedly sptember 19th is d-day

http://www.itp.net/585608-amds-bulldozer-processors-may-launch-in-september

that's what i was saying i had posted, and idk what your saying i double posted or whatever perkmonate

apriliamgt

Sorry if im slow on the uptake, But are these new CPU's able to run on my AM3 board? my board is Asus M4A88TD-V EVO... If not ive heard about a bios upgrade?

Last edited:

wolfeking

banned
The new processors will be pin for pin compatible with AM3, so it will fit. However, few boards will have BIOS support for the new proc on AM3. Plus, you need a 900 series chipset to fully take advantage of Zambezi.

CrazyMike

Hey guys (and gals if your out there),

Right now i am running an intel core 2 Quad Q6600 which has been really reliable and awesome processor. I am thinking this fall of trying out one of these new bulldozers (if they come out, which they should in September).

I am a pretty big multitasker. Such as right now i am looking around this forum, listening to music, editing quadding videos while surfing the net. I play multiple games such as COD and Crysis. So far my rig has been awesome for both these tasks. I do have the change to overclock my processor that i have now, which wouldn't be bad concidering when i am multitasking i notice a slight (key word slight) lag.

In the fall i want to do another build. Right now i am shopping around selecting the parts i would like. These bulldozer processors have really caught my eye. I am interested in the FX-8170, mostly because at stock it is already at high GHz with the option of a slight overclock. I might not need this much, but better to have more then less right.

So i was curious if anyone has seen suggested retail on these?

jonnyp11

saw an artical saying that they CONFIRMED like 300 for the 8150p which is the best at launch, but may have been a couple more, just remember in the low 300's if not 300.